exercise and new tattoo?

Options
i just got my second tattoo on saturday. that's it in my profile picture on the front of my left shoulder. i didn't think to ask the artist while i was still in the shop, but do any of you tatt'ed up fitness experts out there have some advice for me? i'm wondering how bad it will be for me to do my run (i sweat a LOT) with a new tattoo? granted i know not to have any clothing rubbing on it and i would be inside out of the sun. i'm only concerned about the possible negative effects of the profuse sweating. online i've found mixed info and just wanted to see if i could get better information here. thanks guys!!

Replies

• exfatgurl
    exfatgurl Posts: 12
    Options
    When did you get the tat, I recently got one around that area and I been under the sun and all this extra no no stuff and all is well "granted I healed pretty quick" I am about to have 2 weeks on thursday. I think you should be good depending how new it is or not
  • radarseven
    radarseven Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I tend to wear loose fitting clothes, or if I'm really worried about it, put some cling wrap over the area while I'm working out. Then I have a shower straight after, washing the area gently with warm water. Then put ointment on it as usual. I've never had any problems. Good luck!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I worked out the day after I got my newest tattoos.....I got 1 on each wrist, I just didn't wear my HRM watch or my weigh lifting gloves since they would rub on it and I was fine.....but who really gets sweaty wrists when they workout??

I guess I'm no real help sorry.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    When did you get the tat

She said she got it on Saturday... it's in the first sentence of her post :laugh:

Bump! I'm interested to see if anyone has experiences with hip or lower back tattoos and exercising as well. It's tough to keep that area uncovered... ?? :embarassed:
  • missxchelly
    missxchelly Posts: 180
    Options
    If you sweat a lot, then stay away from intense exercise for now. Wait for 4-5 days and you should be fine.
  • fifijennings4
    Options
    I have plenty of tattoos and I can guarantee that sweating on a work out wont do it any harm. just make sure you wash it thoroughly before and after you get your sweat on. then whack some savlon (or equivalent) on it to keep it hydrated :)
  • NeverTry
    NeverTry Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You will be fine,
    just keep it clean and have nothing rubbing on it :happy: