Starting a Juice Fast - Any Advice?

Options
2»

Replies

• NeonNikki
    NeonNikki Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I started a juice fast today!- I get a nasty skin rash and acid reflex due to gluten intolerance- and I haven't been good lately :/ So I got the ok from the Doc to go ahead and try this whole juicing thing for ten days. I'm only at the begining of day one and don't know how much self control I'm going to have :/ but I've told some friends n family so they'll help motivate me :)

how much juice do you drink-So far for breakfast and lunch I've already had 16 fl oz-I diluted half with water-so 32 oz of diluted juice

I guess it shouldn't matter for me how much juice I drink since I'm not doing this for weight loss...although that would def. be an added benefit!

anyways-I think fasting is excellent for your health-your body needs a break and as long as your not prone to binging or food addiction or an eating disorder then fasting does much much much! more good then harm. -but it's not for everyone.

best of luck! ( I do half fruit and half veggies and add stevia-if you drink through a staw your nose wont be so close to the juice -:) so then you won't smell it as much. -try lemons?)
  • Robynleanna1423
    Options
    i've heard good things about "Dr.Oz's green drink." ..saw it on oprah and tried it. it was pretty good. :) I didn't do it on a juice diet, but just tried it to gain nutrients. I definately felt a difference. :)
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I <3 my juicer!

I like to add ginger and fresh lemon juice to my stinkier concoctions. Wheatgrass will sometimes counteract with smelly vegetables, too.

Best juicing tip I can give: if you're still counting calories, the only way to know how much you're consuming is by using a food scale to weigh the liquids individually.
  • caity8880
    caity8880 Posts: 4
    Options
    Just ordered a juicer and two juicing books online today, can't wait for them to be delivered so that I can start juicing!!!
  • BMW6Series
    BMW6Series Posts: 124
    Options
    Been juicing since the 6th of July. I have really been enjoying it. I wake up thinking, what combinations of fruit and veggies I am going to try in the juicer next.
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Join our active juice fast thread to meet more people who are juicing!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/292205-juice-fasting