PB2

Options
lalalazzz
lalalazzz Posts: 131 Member
I see PB2 in a lot of people's diaries. Is it any good? I am a HUGE peanut butter addict so I'm thinking this may be the thing for me!!! How does it work? Add water and then it's peanut butter? ONe more ?... is it sold in regular stores? I'd love to hear how YOU use it! THanks all!

Replies

• cem2168
    cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    i absolutely LOOOOVE it. im a total peanut butter addict too, and PB2 is a godsent! Just measure out to TBSP of pb2. add some water and mix! turns right into peanut butter and is portion controlled at the same time!
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I found it in my low carb life. I like the chocolate one better but both are good. You mix 2T of the powder with 1T of water and mix. I love it and it doesnt make me go over my goals everyday like regular pb used to.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    its not bad it gets me thru ...... i wont eat real peanut-butter because of the high fat content
  • anhaab
    anhaab Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I like it ok but really like Better n Peanut Butter (low sodium version) - the PB2 is powder but the Better n PB is more like real PB. You can find it at Trader Joe's or even Target carries it (but not the low sodium version) as well as other natural food stores.
  • eabierman
    eabierman Posts: 1
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet, but I'd like to as well. All you need to add is water and I was able to find it in the "health food" section of my regular grocery store.
  • asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    Its pretty good, but I always mix with jelly or in a protein shake. I didn't like it plain when mixed with water. Its a good trade off for the calories & fat though. I get mine from www.netrition.com. Its alot cheaper there than any other place I've seen.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I use it in my morning Shakeology a lot of times. It also makes a great PB&J in a pinch. If you go to www.bellplantation.com they have a store locator.
  • lalalazzz
    lalalazzz Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yea it's probably best in a shake or with someting else. Hows the texture? Better than butter doesn't do it for me unfortunately!
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I like the texture of PB2, it's as fluffy or dense as you want, because you control the amount of water that goes into it.

I'm a peanut butter junkie and it definitely helps...unfortunately, it's a much more mild peanut butter flavor.

TOTALLY worth it, though.
  • eviltwinkie
    eviltwinkie Posts: 153
    Options
    I'm not as fond of it in a sandwich, but it's awesome for eating with veggies/apples and it's a great additive for sauces for stir fry. That said, for a sandwich, I think its better than any faux PB I've tried.

If you want it a little more like real PB, use a little good oil in it. I add in 1 t. if it's going on bread. Still alot less fat than real PB and I'm picking the fat that's getting added.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Yea it's probably best in a shake or with someting else. Hows the texture? Better than butter doesn't do it for me unfortunately!

The texture reminds me of that whipped peanut butter that was out a few years ago. Much lighter, airier and not as sticky. It mixes very easily with the water.