Intense Killer Legs Workout

Options
Alright, I tried this legs workout at the gym today and I've never got such a great pump on my legs, and the best part of it is it only took 40 minutes!

I am a male by the way so this is probably mostly for guys but I suppose the ladies who are looking to tone their legs and butt can try this too.

I started out on leg press for 6 sets, each set I completed each set to failure (as many reps as possible with that amount of weight; aim for an amount of weight that you can do 15-25 times since legs are an endurance muscles) and I added weight each set then on the last set I took off a lot of the weight for a burn out set.
Then I hobbled over to the leg curls machine and did 4 sets again to failure aiming for 12-20 reps each set.
Then I did 4 sets of calf extensions doing about 20-25 reps each set.
Then I did 2 sets of back raises to work my glutes and hamstrings doing 15 reps each set.

That's it! Make sure you rest 2-3 minutes between each set so your able to maximize the amount of reps you do for each set. And a 5-10 minute walk on the treadmill when your finished is good to get shake off some of that lactic acid so you won't be so sore the next day. So, to sum it all up...

6 sets, 15-25 reps, leg press
4 sets, 12-20 reps, leg curls
4 sets, 20-25 reps, calf extensions
2 sets, 15 reps, back raises (glutes and hamstrings pulls)

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I do those same workouts just not as many sets. Never would have thought bout doin it like that. Thanx for sharing.
  • vlhemby
    vlhemby Posts: 1
    Options
    I read this workout incorrectly before I left for the gym and ended up doing 6 sets of everything. Could only do 10 reps on the leg curls though, they were killin me! Great workout, thanks for posting it! Maybe next time I'll do it the correct way lol.