Peanut Butter? Yum...

Options
2»

Replies

• yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    190 calories for 2 TBSP. I am so addicted I have to hide it from myself or refrigerate it ( I don't like it cold!) I am going to buy PB2 I hear it is a pretty good alternative. Peanut butter is ok for a sometimes snack but it is usually high in sugar and fat.

I tried the PB2 and didn't like it at all. Everyone's different, you may like it.

what don;t you like? is the texture weird? i probably wont like it either!

Mostly the texture got to me. The flavor was also off in my opinion.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is a great snack, but it is high in fat and calories. You may be interested in a product called PB2. I learned about it on here, and ordered it online.

It is powdered peanut butter--the oil has been pressed out, so the calories and fat are nearly gone. You can rehydrate it with water -- 2T. has only 45 calories, as opposed to regular PB has 190. Personally, I mix a tbsp. with plain yogurt to make PB pudding. Also I use it to make frozen PB banana mochas every morning.

website here:

http://www.bellplantation.com/

they have tons of recipes; also you can search the forums to read what others have to say.

It's my favorite snack!

blessings.
  • katiepeddell
    Options
    I am really interested in trying this PB2. I am a firm believer that IT IS NOT JUST ABOUT THE CALORIES!!!!!!!!

It's about the chemically processed "things" (I won't even call them foods) that we are putting in our bodies. If you cannot pronounce it, then there's a VERY good chance that you should not be putting it in your mouth. These chemicals have detrimental effects on your overall health.

THEY ALSO have proven detrimental effects on YOUR WEIGHT LOSS.

However, it seems this PB2 may actually be 'the best of all worlds.' So I will be interested to buy it and read the label, and consumer reports, etc.

ORGANIC is always better. "Natural" just means that there are no chemicals or preservatives as an official ingredient. YES this is a vast improvement, and a step in the right direction. However, it does not mean that "100% natural" products are "100% healthy." Those "natural" ingredients would have been grown in soil that has been chemically treated, and would have been exposed to unhealthy pesticides. If this was not the case, then it would say "organic."

Again, "all-natural" is definitely a MUCH better alternative to the processed, preserved, chemically treated stuff that we are trained to buy. I just like to clarify that there is a difference, because I used to think that "natural" and "organic" meant the same thing.

Here is a great website about the benefits of getting a 100% organic peanut butter: http://www.livestrong.com/article/318000-peanut-butter-ingredients-nutrients/

HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE: organic raw almond butter. It's more expensive, but you will find that if you actually do restrict yourself to the recommended portion, then you will eat less, and spend less. It's all in moderation.

If you are looking for a DELICIOUS ORGANIC PEANUT BUTTER, that is also AFFORDABLE, you can buy it at Bulk Barn.
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    All in all, there are WAY worse things you could be snacking on.

I hate hate hate natural PB-but I do like the Kraft Whipped stuff. It's a little lower calorie. But by all accounts-PB is fairly healthy.
  • cheesesandwich
    cheesesandwich Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter and feel deprived if I don't eat some every day. I'll be honest though, my favorite is the peter pan vitamin fortified. My only real requirement is that it not contain high fructose corn syrup.

This is my favorite too. I love peanut butter so much and it eat almost every day - usually at least a tablespoon on half a banana. It doesn't seem to have affected my weight loss at all!
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I get the Jif natural with reduced sodium. Peanut Butter is just something I cannot live with out. It is by far my favorite food.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    everything in moderation.....

I agree!
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    I get the Jif natural with reduced sodium. Peanut Butter is just something I cannot live with out. It is by far my favorite food.
    I have been looking all over for this do they still make it
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    All in all, there are WAY worse things you could be snacking on.

I hate hate hate natural PB-but I do like the Kraft Whipped stuff. It's a little lower calorie. But by all accounts-PB is fairly healthy.

I love real peanut butter (the kind you have to stir the oil into), but hate the fake stuff...

BUT

I hate real whipped cream (although I love dairy, real whipped cream makes me nauseous), but I like the stuff in a can. o_O
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Smuckers Organic Creamy Yum. Fat is a good thing especially fat from nuts. Fat doesnt make people fat or fatter. No reason not to eat Peanut butter unless your allergic.
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I agree with the majority here: peanut butter is a healthy fat. Just get the natural peanut butter, where the only ingredient listed is PEANUTS. I love PB and eat it nearly every day!