chocolate cravings

Options
So its my TOM. Which means I am craving chocolate. I NEVER crave chocolate until this certain time. I've been just eating like sugar free pudding which is only 60 calories but it's not exactly helping my craving go away. I DONT want to eat a candy bar. So how can I make this stupid chocolate craving go away?!?!?!

Replies

• bellieff
    bellieff Posts: 43
    Options
    i have a bag of dark chocolate chips i keep in my freezer... 30 pieces for 70 cals!!! perfect for a craving
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Try a chocolate protein shake - I actually use vanilla protein powder, almond milk, and then add cocoa powder for the antioxidants!

I also really like to eat vita tops Deep Chocolate out of my toaster if my craving is really strong. Yum-o! Only 100 cals and they added back a bunch of vitamins, minerals and stuffed some protein and fiber in there too so it's quasi healthy.

Edited for really bad grammar. :( I'm tired.
  • hstallings13
    hstallings13 Posts: 306
    Options
    I tend to ease my chocolate cravings with dark chocolate, it's slightly better for you than regular chocolate and always eases my cravings
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Dove Dark Chocolate with Almonds... I keep some in my freezer and eat 1-3 a day.
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I made a kick *kitten* shake the other day with ice cream milk and swiss miss sugar free hot cocoa mix....it's my tom too...lol. totally cured my craving :0)
  • SWEET31
    SWEET31 Posts: 40
    Options
    Well I am a chocolate lover , the skinny cow chocolate bar is only 110 calories and also the jello activia chocolate puddin is sugar free and only 60 calories :)
  • lpirie
    lpirie Posts: 24
    Options
    Cocoa powder is actually good for you because it has antioxidents. It is only 10 calories for a tablespoon. Sometimes I add some to my oatmeal and it tastes delicious.
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    If my body is really craving it... and I really want it- then I don't deprive myself of it. I'll "treat" myself but keep it in moderation.
    I also see more results this way.
  • gatedialer
    gatedialer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I eat whole grain or whole wheat toast with a bit of nutella on it when I am on the horse. I usually crave pickles and chocolate is very rare for me.
  • jbuehler425
    Options
    Weight Watchers has some delicious ice cream that craves my sweet tooth. I love their version of the Snickers ice cream bar, but pretty much all of them are good. Also, Skinny Cow makes great ice cream sandwiches and cones. Love them!
  • nacobi
    nacobi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Two words.......Hershey Kisses
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    No sugar added fudgesicle = 40 calories
    Emerald Cocoa almonds 100 calorie pack
    Skinny Cow Dreamy Clusters (crunchy crisps and creamy caramel covered in milk chocolate)
    Love all three!
  • SMK715
    SMK715 Posts: 108
    Options
    Ahhh im a guy! Anyways.. me and my gf just bought healthy choice fudge bars today. They are actually really good. If you like ice cream then try those :)
  • calderst
    calderst Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I keep a stash of Hershey's Special Dark with almonds... half a candy bar is 95 cal. It's rich bc it's so dark and since it's a real candy bar, it feels like a treat. I'll break it in half before I open it and put the other half in the fridge for the next time I need it.
  • loseatonlady
    loseatonlady Posts: 160
    Options
    The Cocoa Roast Almonds are good & help w/my choc cravings & the almonds are great for you - just make sure you limit your serving or buy the 100 cal paks! Best wishes!!
  • teanabean
    teanabean Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm a chocolate lover! I eat Dove Dark chocolate with almonds
    mocha with sugar free hot chocolate mix
    Jello Dessert Temptations are super good
    Weight Watchers Giant Fudge bar
    Skinny Cow ice cream
    Skinny Cow chocolate truffles
    Fiber One Chocolate Fudge bar
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    Thank you everybody! Great ideas! I have had the skinny cow ice cream bars before. They're good. I'll have to go get some. May also go get some sort of dark chocolate because I have heard that is better for you than regular chocolate.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I like Special K Chocolatey Delight cereal. YUM! I also enjoy chocolate milk, a little Nutella on toast or fruit, and light ice cream when I crave chocolate.
  • colbiegirl
    colbiegirl Posts: 138
    Options
    If you're concerned about calories, I would definitely try the dark chocolate chips. I also I don't know your opinion on Fiber One (it's mixed for everyone, lol) but their 90 calorie brownies always kick my chocolate craving in the butt!

It's only your TOM once a month, lol, self-explanitory, so even if you did go for a mini chocolate bar (like the ones you'd get at Halloween) they're sure to hit your chocolate craving. Just don't over-do them. 3 Muskateers minis (smaller then fun-size) are 170 calories for 7 pieces. Fun size are 190 calories for 3. Best of luck. :flowerforyou:
  • lockermama
    lockermama Posts: 16
    Options
    I keep a big Hershey dark chocolate bar on hand. One block of that is 12 grams, 53 calories. If I have that many left at the end of the day, I give myself a rich reward! Satisfies my craving...