Cravings and the Munchies

Options
Does anybody else get the Munchies? I don't give in though. What does everyone crave when they are out and about or just hungry? My craving always seems to be some frozen yogurt with all the unhealthy toppings! To beat the craving or Munchies I eat sugar free jello if I ever have to give in. There is also sugar free Kool-aid that you can make with Splenda!

Replies

• kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: salt and vinegar chips...help, they are calling my name!:noway:
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    chips, any and all of them

I can not be around them w/o eating them =[
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Lately it has been sauteed summer squash (sauteed with EVOO, salt, pepper, and garlic powder), Emerald Dark Cocoa Roast almonds, Fruit Smoothies, and popcorn....I suppose it could be worse? lol
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Cravings are the WORST! I'm getting better though. Chocolate is my biggest one; I keep a dark chocolate bar around and have 1 square when I need chocolate, or a low-fat fudge bar (70 cals, and yummy!). I also keep freezie-type things around for sweet cravings, they range from 35-50 cals or so. When I have a salt craving, PICKLES are my lifesaver!! I can eat them slowly and make them last til the craving's gone, for 5-10 calories depending on the size. Or a few multigrain crackers :)

also... popcorn! popped on the stove with some oil, nothing pre-packaged. The problem with popcorn is that I can't stop until it's gone :blushing:
  • ASturtevant79
    ASturtevant79 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    wheat thins and cream cheese. Actually cream cheese in general, sooo good!
  • musicmanomar
    Options
    :ohwell: salt and vinegar chips...help, they are calling my name!:noway:

You made highly consider changing my craving to salt and vinegar or popcorn.
  • LEdana
    LEdana Posts: 10
    Options
    I always want a snack which is healthy(fruit or 100 cal or less something) before i go to bed but i hate adding on more cals so i drink water and/or maybe chew gum them got to sleep lol i hate adding more cals on my list after the fact Lmbo
  • LEdana
    LEdana Posts: 10
    Options
    taking your ideas llol
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    For goodness sakes, over and over, then over again, many of us have been telling everyone~~~stock up on FAGE NON-FAT GREEK YOGURT. Also, keep on hand: TRUVIA packets, pure vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and either fresh and/or frozen berries as well as pineapple. Greek yogurt beats the pants out of ice cream any day. That frozen yogurt you crave it nothing but plain frozen yogurt. The greek style has DOUBLE THE PROTEIN. That high protein eliminates the hunger feelings. Pay close attention to what we post to share. Exercise more self-control on your foods, snacks and portion sizes. Not doing that is what makes us FAT.
  • musicmanomar
    Options
    For goodness sakes, over and over, then over again, many of us have been telling everyone~~~stock up on FAGE NON-FAT GREEK YOGURT. Also, keep on hand: TRUVIA packets, pure vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and either fresh and/or frozen berries as well as pineapple. Greek yogurt beats the pants out of ice cream any day. That frozen yogurt you crave it nothing but plain frozen yogurt. The greek style has DOUBLE THE PROTEIN. That high protein eliminates the hunger feelings. Pay close attention to what we post to share. Exercise more self-control on your foods, snacks and portion sizes. Not doing that is what makes us FAT.

Woah, I just said I get a craving for frozen yogurt. I snack very healthy with nuts, fruits, vegetables. I was only asking what people crave when they are hungry and on a diet. We all have bad cravings and if I'm wrong I'm sorry. Or even the Munchies.
  • autumnmoon2001
    autumnmoon2001 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ahh, the munchies. I have no problem dealing with the sweet cravings. Fruits usually satisfy me, but salt cravings are the worst. Especially chips! Luckily my husband buys low sodium seaweed and occasionally low sodium chips for the times I need to indulge.

About the Greek yogurt, my husband bought that accidentally one day. He didn't like it but since I read that it was really good for you, I tried it and liked it. It's a very thick yogurt and really satisfies your hunger longer and is good if you're lactose intolerant like me. I was amazed. This is now my new "food" to experiment with. Try it out.
  • samiemily
    samiemily Posts: 1
    Options
    just letting you know kje2011... there is a sea salt and vingar chip from special K for 30 chips is only 110 calories... and they are great...:smile::smile:
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I had a Turtle last night, but it was 90 cals I set aside for it, and that's usually because there's a PMS factor involved which would result in bodily injury to somebody other than me if I don't get it :wink: .

If I go berserk for some reason, and eat something really bad (something oily is the worst), I "buy" the calories back over the next few days by exercising more and eating less. So far, this works.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options

Wow. Just wow. This post was about cravings, not something healthy. Besides, just because you've been posting this all over doesn't mean the OP has read your posts. I know I haven't so take a step back. I like Greek Yogurt, too, and am eating some now, in fact, but I don't go pushing my food preferences down everyone throats.
  • stacirn09
    stacirn09 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hot Cheetos and Peanut butter cookies but I have resorted to fruit cups, raisins, apples and sometimes I throw in gold fish but not many of them. Its so hard to ignore the cravings so sometime i have a bag of hot cheetos but I run extra for it.