Snore No More!

LeanerBeef
LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
Prior to starting my latest quest towards healthy living and weight loss, according to my wife and anyone else that was within 100 yards of my bed, my snoring was absolutely horrible. From how she describes it, stopping breathing, loud, I most likely had sleep apnea (undiagnosed). Fast forward 2 months of eating well and excercising – my wife just told a story of how the other night I was sleeping so quietly she thought I might have died in my sleep – true story.:happy: She is a bit of a worrier, lol. She woke up and didn’t hear anything, and listened – nothing, she then leaned over to check to see if I was breathing. Lucky her, I was breathing just fine, sleeping quietly - this is been the case all the time now. She probably thought she hit the lottery. :laugh:

Moral of the story – healthy choices make a healthy person. Simple changes can improve so many health issues.

Replies

• nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Ohhhh thank GOD for your poor wife lol.... my husband snores sooooo loud ugh!! I don't even here it anything anymore as long as I fall asleep first!! Good for you Beef... you are doing AMAZING!! Such a great NSV!
  • Fernandomike
    Fernandomike Posts: 95 Member
    Awesome, LB. And as you know, the improved quality of your sleep is going to help you feel much more rested. Very proud of you man. Keep on pushing.
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    my husband has sleep apnea, and i can tell it's gotten a lot worse since he's packed on a "few" extra pounds. i know one night i counted to like 50 when he would stop breathing! scared the crap outta me! he's now on a sleep apnea machine. i'm trying to get him on track on MFP with me, so hopefully someday he can be rid of that machine. i'm with your wife though, i worry, ALL THE TIME! at least when he doesn't have his machine on.
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Congratulations to both of you! This is great stuff - and a good inspiration to keep on the path. I've been having a hard week with food temptations, so hearing success stories are going to get me to not give into the cravings!
  • bcatgray
    bcatgray Posts: 41
    My husband did not believe me. So I video recorded it. IT WAS HORRIBLE!!! But since we have been eating better and he and I are making extra efforts to go exercise, he just has heavy breathing now which is sooooo much better than the grizzly bear snoring! He thinks it's because he's lost some fat around his neck. LOL Whatever the reason, I'm begging him to keep it up so I can get a good night's sleep. LOL
  • hstallings13
    hstallings13 Posts: 306
    I"m the one with the snoring problem in my house, I'm really hoping that loosing weight will help mine too. That is awesome for you though :)
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    That is an awesome story! I'm so glad you posted this. That is a HUGE NSV!

The other day I was laying in bed on my back. Then I thought, you know I'm not choking. I use to have to lay on my side to keep from choking when sleeping. It was a great relief to me.
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    SO FRICKIN EXCITED FOR YOU......that's a great NSV.....so proud of all your choices......keep it up friend
  • BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Congrats! Rest is so important to all we pursue. Think of all that proper sleep is doing for your health and how much it will help you with the rest of your progress. Well done!
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 519 Member
    Wow - my husband and I just had a similar conversation last night! We both snore and since I have been heavier I have snored more. I am down 32 pounds since Jan., and he commented last night that I've been really quiet lately. He is down about 50 pounds over the last few years, and I have noticed the same thing with him. Great job on your weight loss!!
  • soonersgirl
    soonersgirl Posts: 254 Member
    that's great!!! that is a huge milestone :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!