:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    So adorable!!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    How much are you selling them for?

We were hoping to get $500 for them, but it's negotiable. I'm not sure what they are going for right now. I know a little while back they were going for over $1000, because they are "designer" dogs. I know that 2 are spoken for, so there is just one left to find a home.

Last night I got to play vet and I docked their tails and removed their dew claws all by my self. Man I went into the wrong profession
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    My dog has fleas.

ukulele.jpg

CRAP! pic won't work.....it's blocked too:grumble:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    How much are you selling them for?

We were hoping to get $500 for them, but it's negotiable. I'm not sure what they are going for right now. I know a little while back they were going for over $1000, because they are "designer" dogs. I know that 2 are spoken for, so there is just one left to find a home.

Last night I got to play vet and I docked their tails and removed their dew claws all by my self. Man I went into the wrong profession

I don't know much about dogs - but does docking their tails mean cutting it off? I think I heard about that - why do you do that? And why remove their dew claws? Just curious.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

I keep telling you you need to quit your job. :angry:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    "Shorkies" -- it just makes me laugh :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Like Labradoodle... sounds like a lab assistant getting busy, if you know what I mean
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    [I don't know much about dogs - but does docking their tails mean cutting it off? I think I heard about that - why do you do that? And why remove their dew claws? Just curious.

Yorkie standard has you cut off the tails. And since these won't shed we thought it would be "cleaner" if they had shorter tails. I know Shih-tzu's tails can get quite messy if you don't keep after it. The dew claw are an extra claw, kind of up the leg a little. They can get caught up in thing and get ripped off, so it's just safer for the pup to do it when they are babies. They really didn't seem to notice it being done and they didn't bleed hardly at all.
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    [I don't know much about dogs - but does docking their tails mean cutting it off? I think I heard about that - why do you do that? And why remove their dew claws? Just curious.

Yorkie standard has you cut off the tails. And since these won't shed we thought it would be "cleaner" if they had shorter tails. I know Shih-tzu's tails can get quite messy if you don't keep after it. The dew claw are an extra claw, kind of up the leg a little. They can get caught up in thing and get ripped off, so it's just safer for the pup to do it when they are babies. They really didn't seem to notice it being done and they didn't bleed hardly at all.

Interesting! Thanks for explaining that. Another question - do you feel it is better to have 2 dogs, rather than one - so they can keep eachother company while you are gone at work? I've thought about getting a smaller dog (to keep in the house), but I don't want it chewing up everything and peeing all over the carpet because it is mad that I'm not home :laugh:
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    I perfer to keep 2 in the house. We did have 2, but lost one and now the other is so lonely.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people might disagree with me, but I have 2 dogs & when we aren't home, I crate them. We adopted them both as "older" dogs & the first one has some serious anxiety issues & doesn't like being left alone unless she's in her crate. In her crate, she's fine & happy, if she's out while we're not home, she destroys EVERYTHING. She even goes into the crate voluntarily when the kids are getting wild b/c that's her "safe" place. The other dog is only crated when we're gone b/c he's still new. Only had him a month & we've discovered that he likes to eat baby socks so for now, he stays crated while we're gone. No problems with him in the crate either. Plus, having 2 dogs lets them exhaust each other. They play ALL the time & then come in to cuddle. :smile: Just my 2 cents. :happy:

Anna - the puppies are SO cute! My neighbor has 7 chihuahua (I so can't spell) pupppies right now & I am still amazed at how small they are when they are born! Good luck selling them!
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    They are tiny. About the size of a hamster.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

Interesting! Thanks for explaining that. Another question - do you feel it is better to have 2 dogs, rather than one - so they can keep eachother company while you are gone at work? I've thought about getting a smaller dog (to keep in the house), but I don't want it chewing up everything and peeing all over the carpet because it is mad that I'm not home :laugh:

We have 2 dogs. Our 14 pound Shorkie is 1 and she still gets crated when we leave the house. Our 113 pound American Bulldog is 2 1/2 and she gets gated in downstairs next to the crate so they can see each other. They love to play together. The first time we took the little one to the groomer, the big one was so depressed by herself.

But that is why the little one still gets crated. If we leave her out and we're not around, she does chew stuff and go to the bathroom on the floor. If she's out when we're around though, she's good.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    i should mention that they are both 55#ers so if they ere to "play" while we were gone, our walls might be knocked out...:wink:
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    I know our Yorkies can get really cranky about stuff. Our old one that we don't have any more was the worst. When we use to give her a bath, we would shut our bedroom door so she couldn't go roll on our bed when we put her down, and it would piss her off and she would pee on the floor right in front of our bedroom door.

Nicki does really good in the house all alone, but since Rox has been gone she is so sad. When I'm home she won't leave my side. Until now.
  • Anna_Banana
    Options

We have 2 dogs. Our 14 pound Shorkie is 1 and she still gets crated when we leave the house. Our 113 pound American Bulldog is 2 1/2 and she gets gated in downstairs next to the crate so they can see each other. They love to play together. The first time we took the little one to the groomer, the big one was so depressed by herself.

But that is why the little one still gets crated. If we leave her out and we're not around, she does chew stuff and go to the bathroom on the floor. If she's out when we're around though, she's good.

What color is your shorkie? Yorkies are black when they are born and the daddy Shih-tzu was black, and these babies are Brown?
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options

I keep telling you you need to quit your job. :angry:

If you would give us pit guards a raise...I wouldn't need this job :angry:
    :smokin:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

What color is your shorkie? Yorkies are black when they are born and the daddy Shih-tzu was black, and these babies are Brown?

I have a pic of her in my profile. When we got her she was tan but the tips of her fur was black. As she got groomed, the black got cut off and the tan has been getting lighter so she's blondish.
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    She kind of looks like my mommy dog.