can't do push-ups or bicycle crunches.. continue to next sta

Options
Hi,

I've done 8 days of level 1, JM's 30DS, and no matter how hard I try I can't do push-ups, even the modified ones! Not only does it feel like my arms aren't strong enough, but my knees crunch, creek and hurt when I'm trying to do push-ups whist propping up on them.

Also, although I can *sort of* do bicycle crunches, my legs just don't seem to want to "go that way" and I end up just kicking about like a tortoise on it's back!

I seem to be feeling a bit too comfortable with the rest of level 1. So my question is, should I progress to level 2 if I can't do those 2 moves properly?

Thanks,

Purple

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I modify it if i cant, why dont you do push ups against the wall for that part and just do regular crunches instead of using your legs. it will only get harder with each level. Although i found level two more fun so maybe try it out and see it you can keep up.
  • portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    That's what I was going to say, do them against the wall.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

Exactly.

Also remember, as you get lighter, they get easier. The end of March (215lbs), doing more than 15 pushups in a row was difficult. Today (185lbs) I managed 25 (with only a slight break between each 5 rep set) hand stand pushups.

You WILL improve! Just do the modified versions...and don't be scared to keep attempting the unmodified =D.
  • portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options

Exactly.

Also remember, as you get lighter, they get easier. The end of March (215lbs), doing more than 15 pushups in a row was difficult. Today (185lbs) I managed 25 (with only a slight break between each 5 rep set) hand stand pushups.

You WILL improve! Just do the modified versions...and don't be scared to keep attempting the unmodified =D.

Yes that's true. When I first started doing them I could barely do 7 on my knee's. Within like 5 months I was able to do 45 non stop(not on my knees)
  • ACowboyKid
    ACowboyKid Posts: 142
    Options
    The wall will save you for sure.

I'm not coordinated enough and totally get the whole tortoise on its back thing. Haha.

The first time I tried the 30DS I did it with very low weights then felt like it was a waste of my time and put it back up on the shelf. My friend started to swear by it so I tried it with a heavier weight and tried to go faster than they were in the videos and it kicked my butt especially the second or third day when my body was fatigued. Try just doing the first week but going a little further if you can, it'll just make the transition into week two better. I haven't actually made it into the second week though (I'm bad about videos) but I figure it will only build off of what you do in week one. I say stick with it for the whole thing. =]
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I just started 30ds and I have the same problem! I never thought of using the wall for push UPS. I think my arms are strong enough but it bothers my knees! Thanks everyone