Calories Burned in a Week/Month Challenge Starting 7.12.11

Options

Replies

• Choirgirl37
    Choirgirl37 Posts: 255
    Options
    This challenge seems like so much fun. I wish I'd learned about it before the start date! Let me know when there is a round 2 :-)
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Just 2375 burn today - winters back
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    1655 for 7/13
  • dawLs
    dawLs Posts: 84
    Options
    i need some exercise ideas! i really want to be pushed harder...
    a couple of things-
    i live in a city with like a gazillion ppl. running is not really an option. trust me.
    also the air pollution is really bad so it can be super hard to do really really intense workouts.

i wont be joining a gym because i leave soon and plus there arent any nearby!

oh and dvds wont work because they are all in chinese hahaha which i dont speak nearly enough of!

i have a skipping rope... and apartment space.

thoughts???
  • Choirgirl37
    Choirgirl37 Posts: 255
    Options
    a couple of things-
    i live in a city with like a gazillion ppl. running is not really an option. trust me.
    also the air pollution is really bad so it can be super hard to do really really intense workouts.

oh and dvds wont work because they are all in chinese hahaha which i dont speak nearly enough of!

thoughts???

You could do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD - English
    or go to Beachbody.com and try Insanity, P90X, or Turbo Jam...
    of course you could always buy a treadmill or get a bike rack for your car and go to a bike trail
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    1655 for 7/13

Great burn!!!! :D
  • samb
    Options
    Just wanted to keep you all updated!! On Monday I will post the first week's standings! But if you are dying to know before then feel free to send me a message and I will get back to you about where you stand at that time. I was going to post the standings daily but I haven't been getting #s in in time :/ So once or twice a week it shall be! I hope you are all having a wonderful week and pushing yourselves to the max & finding time to relax and get some fresh air as well! :)
  • samb
    Options
    a couple of things-

thoughts???

You could do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD - English
    or go to Beachbody.com and try Insanity, P90X, or Turbo Jam...
    of course you could always buy a treadmill or get a bike rack for your car and go to a bike trail

I agree....if you can't be outside or join a gym then you would really need workout videos. Unless you look on places like shape.com for exercise routines inside or do videos from your computer? If you could get a barbell you could do strong lifts 5x5, it is AWESOME!
  • SarahWrittenThin
    Options
    1104 burned today
  • dcmat
    Options
    3185 burn today
  • samb
    Options
    3185 burn today

AMAZING!! :D
  • SarahWrittenThin
    Options
  • samb
    Options
    Hey everyone!! Here are the standings through Thursday 7/14/2011. Please remember to send me your cals for Friday, Saturday and Sunday! I have only received 2 for today/Friday so far. I will post the standings again on Monday! You are doing great, keep up the terrific work.

Remember you can only get out of life what your willing to put into it!! ;) I hope you enjoy your weekend, get some fresh air and of course, RELAX & recover from all your hard work!!

Also, Monday will be a TRIPLE BURN day (if you burn 1000 cals, you get credit for 3000!!) and Wednesday will be a DOUBLE BURN DAY (if you burn 1000 cals, you get credit for 2000!), thought I'd mix things up a bit to make it interesting! ;) Thanks!! :)

1. TruckinTheLBSoff - 13,690
    2. dcmat - 10,118 (13,303 through Friday)
    3. piratejenny - 9,507
    4. samb - 8,520
    5. abnemeth - 8,257
    6. nosey_rosey - 5,791
    7. sarahwrittenthin - 4,275?
    8. kymmochi - 4,148
    9. flea2449 - 3,201
    10. fabiolaenvy - 2,391
    11. dorairwin - 2,188
    12. dancingyogini - 2,106
    13. cajuncubsfan - 432
    14. dawls - 258 (through weds)
    15. queen_bea - 150

Great job everyone and thank you for being a part of this challenge to help support one another and push each other to reach our goals!!! :D
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join?
  • SarahWrittenThin
    Options
    I burned 2605 calories today 7/16 :)
  • TruckinTheLBSoff
    Options
    I am going to kill it Monday.....I am off today and only got my burn from walking around the lake and cleaning the hell out of my house, but tomorrow is going to be back to 4 workouts a day....
  • SarahWrittenThin
    Options
    639 calories burned for 7/17
  • dcmat
    Options
    2494 today - too windy to do much more
  • samb
    Options
    Here's what you all have been waiting for!!! The standings for Week #1 (through the triple day, Monday 7/18/2011)!!!

You are all doing incredibly amazing, I am so proud of you all! I truly am!! Keep up the great work guys!!

WEDNESDAY/tomorrow will be a DOUBLE day (ex: if you burn 1000 cal you get credit for 2000 cal burned) so get ready for some big burns!!

Next week (Tues 7/26-Mon 8/1): WEDS DOUBLE DAY (again) and in addition, your highest calorie burn day will be TRIPLED (EXCLUDING=NOT INCLUDING WEDS)!!! So for those of you who want to make up some cals, here is your chance!

Also, PLEASE PLEASE remember to send me your cals by the end of the day or early the next day at the latest. I have been missing a lot and spending a lot of time trying to gather everyone's (having to look in diaries sometimes even - days later) instead of spending the extra time doing my own workouts & daily activities! I love to have the competition and I am so excited for all of you and don't mind at all recording, etc but I don't want to have to go searching for the info. :( I am going to message those of you whom I need confirmation of calories from through yesterday/Monday. Hopefully after today you all can message me with them consistently :) And don't worry I am not mad, just want to be able to update you all regularly on where you stand, which I can't completely do really if I am missing people's cals burned.

But on a brighter note *drum roll* here are the standings (some #s are not finalized, but most are)!! Remember we are only through the first of four weeks so there is plenty of room for improvement & moving up!! I hope you are ready to challenge yourselves to burn even more calories next week!! Keep moving forward :)

1. truckinthelbsoff - 30,623
    2. dcmat - 26,377
    3. samb - 20,520
    4. piratejenny - 20,210
    5. abnemeth - 19,514
    6. nosey_rosey - 13,841
    7. sarahwrittenthin - 12,260
    8. kymmochi - 9,676
    9. flea2449 - 6,965
    10. cajuncubsfan - 6,942
    11. lolathompson - 6,428
    12. fabiolaenvy - 5,388