2lbs weight loss!!

Hi

I started doing exercise and tracking my calorie intake about 3 months ago, i do go over my calories once a week (weekends mainly) at least and I have been eating most of my calories back. I stopped eating a lot of rubbish food (biscuits, chocolate, crisps, takeaways), I am drinking more water but i still only have 2lbs weight loss!! I do mainly cardio especially exercise bike which i now do 30 mins 5-6 days a week (previously did no exercise whatsoever) so im wondering how i have only lost 2lbs???

Any advice appreciated, im not expecting miracles but fed up of seeing the exact same weight and measurements!!!!

Tracey x

Replies

• Sounds like you are on the right track, my advice would be to be very strict with your calorie intake, and also counting excerise calories. Eat your calories back, yes, but don't overeat. Also switch up your workout, so your body doesn't get used to it. You should be doing some strength training in there too, to build lean muscle and speed up metabolism! Hope that helps :D
  • kelley4123
    kelley4123 Posts: 100 Member
    . Also switch up your workout, so your body doesn't get used to it. You should be doing some strength training in there too, to build lean muscle and speed up metabolism! Hope that helps :D

Exactly what I was gonna say!
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 983 Member
    I had a quick peek at your diary, and noticed that you do eat cheese and some pre-prepared meals.

One of the recommendations of Rosemary Conley (UK diet club) is to eat low-fat where possible -- not eat any item (except for meat & fish) that has more than 5% fat (more than 5g per 100g)

Also, you're not monitoring your sodium - which may be a cause of you not losing weight.

so...

Choose low-fat options
    Monitor your sodium - try to keep it as close to 1500 as possible, definitely under 2000
    Drink your 8 glasses of water (2 litres)
  • tracey19uk
    tracey19uk Posts: 10
    Thanks guys, my sodium intake is mainly fine, so i will start integrating weights into my routine now!! is yoga classed as strength training?

Tracey