A dietary challenge!

It was recently pointed out to me indirectly that I was consuming WAY too much sugar on a daily basis even though I was staying within my calorie goal. I'm not just trying to lose weight here, I am trying to train myself to eat healthier so I can overall have a healthier lifestyle. My challenge to you is to add sugar to your food diary and try to keep within your limits. You may be blown away by what is recommended and what you are actually taking in every day! And if you want a second part to the challenge add sodium on there too... some foods contain almost your entire days worth of sodium in just one or two servings! I am much more aware of my sugar intake now and I am still having trouble keeping those numbers out of the red!

Replies

• fat2fab4life
    fat2fab4life Posts: 253 Member
    Well.... I've began to eat lots of fruit and my numbers for sugar are crazy high so unless I cut out all fruit and carbs my numbers will still be high. I think it depend on if its natural vs bad sugar and either way it counts against u on this site. Good luck I'm sure u will do well
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    I eat a lot of fruit every day (sometimes up to ten servings), so I'm pretty sure mine would be ridiculous :P Not worried though ;)
  • nezeray
    nezeray Posts: 34
    I just added sugar to my diary to see how bad *I* am. I'm pretty sure that mine will be through the roof. Interesting to look at the numbers though to see.

James / Nezeray
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    This is why I now only drink water or coffee...bad me for coffee, but it's my sin. I need it to function, cut down to an average of less than 1 a day though :P But I used to drink cherryade all the time and even the no added sugar (yuk) stuff was loaded with it. Mut be natural sugars, but there was stil way too much!
  • It stinks that the site doesn't differentiate between natural sugars and refined in some way. On days that my sugar is over because of fruits I don't worry about it at all! I guess I should rephrase the challenge to watching your sugar intake from anything refined.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    It stinks that the site doesn't differentiate between natural sugars and refined in some way. On days that my sugar is over because of fruits I don't worry about it at all! I guess I should rephrase the challenge to watching your sugar intake from anything refined.

I agree, that would be awesome... But I'm not sure it's even possible :(
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I just added sugar to my diary and looked back over the last week. I was over EVERY day, but if i took off the fruit i eat, i would have been ok! So i'm not going to keep counting it as i dont think fruit sugar is bad for you.