C-Section "Apron"

Options
Have any of you ladies had a C-Section? I had one with my daughter a year ago (silly goose wrapped the umbilical cord around her foot!) and I now have what I call an "apron." Basically, where my pooch once was there is now a flab of fat/skin that hangs down slightly. It's slowly shrinking with each pound I lose, but I'm wondering if it will ever go away.

Do any of you have experience with this? Did yours ever go away? Get better?

Replies

• rainbowbuggy
    rainbowbuggy Posts: 320
    Options
    ME ME ME! I have had 3 of them and I have that terrible apron as well! I keep praying it will go away as I shrink! LOL... Good luck and let me know if you find any exercises that help it go away! :-)
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I had an emergency C section almost 15 months ago, and even after losing 67 pounds I still have that "flap"...not sure how to get rid of it LOL
  • mzjandiace
    mzjandiace Posts: 162
    Options
    3 C section mom here! Yes I have the dreaded apron, and it is shrinking, but Dr. told me tummy tuck will have to be my option after a I lose a great deal of weight. By the way! I HATE MINE so much!
  • DestinyDarbi
    DestinyDarbi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    It will! I had the same thing, and right over my incision is where all my skin just hung down. I HATED it! What was worse, my little boy preferred the right side over my left, so the skin is actually more flabby on that side.UGH! But... It is almost all gone now!! It seems like it will never go away, but it will. I use Bio Oil also, and that helps with stretch marks as well as tightening the skin. Good luck!

Add me if you'd like to, fellow Mom! :wink:
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hi I have the "appron". I had 2 c-sections and also wonder if will ever go away. Its getting better little, by little. I sure hope it will go away :)
  • kelley4123
    kelley4123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    hey! I have one and didn't even have a section!
    It does get smaller.... but from my experience even when I only weighed 115lbs when I stood up it was hardly noticeable but if I bent over it still hung over...not much though!
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Still have the apron, but it's not nearly as bad as it was. For me, I doubt it will go completely until I drop below my pre-baby weight, which will be a huge challenge. Can't spot-reduce, but we can still work towards it. I've seen women who can get their bellies just about flat again - but hey, mine never was to begin with. Don't give up.
  • lexrobin2
    lexrobin2 Posts: 33
    Options
    i heard spanks will help shrink it. there is also some sort of "tummy binder" that you can wear that will help your tummy go back to before baby. i believe "the doctors" show just advertised it either this week or last. maybe its on their website.
  • becky611
    becky611 Posts: 77
    Options
    I too have the apron. I have no idea how to get rid of it. Hopefully sombody will have some good suggestions.
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Three pregnancies, four kids - all delivered via c-section. It's not a pretty site and I hate it, but I would rather have it be gross, floppy and smaller than go back to bigger! Mine is not going to go away without surgery. My mother had a tummy tuck several years ago and I intend to do the same. I don't think I will ever really have a "flat" stomach, I just want the "hang" to go away.

I even have stretch marks that have stretch marks, it's BAD! My kids think it's funny though - little buggers.
  • theprices
    theprices Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I had 2 c-sections, my most recent was 2.5 years ago. There is a pic of my stomach on my profile....it can and will shrink....just keep working at it! You can do it!
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Oy! I know just what you mean. I've only had one C-section but it was an extra large incision due to my baby having Gastroschisis. And I am so over my apron!! It's been six years and it just seems to hang there, unaffected, no matter how much I lose.
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I had 2 c/s's, both of which I was cut vertical because I had too much fat on my tummy for the horizontal cut. I have a c/s scar from right above my belly button all the way down to my pubic bone! Needless to say, I have what looks like an extra butt of saggy skin and scar tissue on my belly! It is SO disgusting and I hate it with a passion!
  • theprices
    theprices Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i do have to add, that i still have lose skin when i bend over....its not at all as tight as it is when I'm standing up!
  • lukeleia4
    lukeleia4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had a tummy tuck as part of my last c-section and it was really worth it! It's the only way to go and it's really not a bad or expensive procedure. When you get to the point where you want to be I highly recommend you do it!
  • Morglem
    Options
    I had 2 c-sections, my most recent was 2.5 years ago. There is a pic of my stomach on my profile....it can and will shrink....just keep working at it! You can do it!
    Oh Thank God! I was starting to feel a little down but you gave me hope :) Thanks!
  • Morglem
    Options
    i do have to add, that i still have lose skin when i bend over....its not at all as tight as it is when I'm standing up!

Well for what I saw on your picture I'll take what you have and I'll be happy with it :)
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I had a C section 9 years ago, i had the bumpy lumpy bit too, not being one to blow my own trumpet, but i have suceeded in getting rid once and for all, its taken 5 months of 1200 cals, 30DS and 6 week 6 pack, but i got there! it can be done ladies

NewImage-1.jpg