Feeling GOOD about turning 40 SOON!

Options
I lost 55 pounds back in 2004, managed to keep it off for a couple of years, but then it slowly started creeping back on. I gained back 31 of the 55 pounds I lost and was feeling not so great about myself. And the fact that I'd be turning 40 this year certainly didn't help things! I decided at the beginning of March to TAKE ACTION! My mission (yes - I chose to accept it!) was to be "Fit by 40!"

I rejoined the gym that was so great for me the last time (I NEVER should've quit!). I also decided to sign up for their 12 week weight loss program, which came with fitness and nutritional coaching. During the 12 weeks, I lost 21 pounds - which I was THRILLED about. Closing in on 40, I was just hoping to lose 12 pounds - the rest was a huge bonus! My original goal with my fitness/nutrition coach was to be at 25% body fat...which, for me - translated to 146.6 pounds. It also meant losing about 10% body fat. At the end of my 12 weeks, I still had 7 pounds and 3.3% body fat to go to reach my goal. I chose to go to a once per month check in with my coach when the original 12 week program ended. I was hoping to hit my goal by the second check in (2 months later)...knowing that the closer I got to goal, the harder and slower my progress would probably be.

I had my FIRST monthly check in with my trainer last night and, to MY SURPRISE AND EXTREME JOY, I had met and surpassed my initial goals! I beat my weight goal by 0.2 pounds and beat my body fat goal by 0.9% - almost a FULL percent! Of course I had to hug my trainer (even though I was all sweaty after running on the treadmill - HAHA!). So now I have a new goal - I really don't care about the number on the scale, but I'd like to work towards 22% body fat.

Sorry for the novel, but the point of my story is that I'll be turning 40 next month and I feel INCREDIBLE! My profile picture was from 2005 when I was maintaining in my goal range. I'm happy to report that I still have that dress and it fits BEAUTIFULLY again! 40 doesn't seem 'threatening' anymore like it did back at the beginning of March! I'm planning to keep going to the gym, being a member of MFP, and rolling through my 40s and into my 50s with fit & fabulous style!!!!!!

Thanks for listening/reading! :bigsmile:

Replies

• jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Way to take charge and treat yourself right! 40 will be a great year for you :)
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    That is amazing! Way to take charge and treat yourself right! 40 will be a great year for you :)

Thank you! I'm certainly going to do my best to make it a great year!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!