Protein Shake powder- NOT meal replacement?

Options
I did some searches before making this post & then searched the internet for all the protein shakes that everyone has raved about on here- and they all say "Meal Replacement" in the title. I'm on a diet that requires I eat a lot of protein, but I'm just looking for some NEW way of getting protein that doesn't involve grimly cracking 2 hard-boiled eggs (& popping out the yolks) for my 'afternoon snack'. I'd love to have a small chocolate shake that will give me that little protein boost, but don't want all the carbs & 'meal replacement' advertised. Any suggestions?

Replies

• hpygirl64ColleenLinder
    hpygirl64ColleenLinder Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    If you have a costco around the muscle milk whey protein is tasty for shakes and has low sugar and very cost effective. It comes in Vanilla or Chocolate. I often will use this as either a filler by itself or I add it to my healthiest meal of the day a.k.a. "meal replacement" to get a full 30 grams of protein divided up into 5 meals that I need to keep lean muscle mass. Feel free anyone
    to friend me for healthy food for thought each day. Best of luck, Colleen
  • cameralinds
    cameralinds Posts: 239
    Options
    I use Whey Protein Isolates. It's only 120 calories for one scoop plus the calories for your milk or whatever you decide to mix it with. There aren't very many carbs either, 4 or 5. I've only tried the double rich chocolate so far, but there are lots of others as well. I buy mine at a place called Drug Emporium. It's roughly $1 per serving.
  • hoosiergal31
    Options
    We do have a Costco- it's been so helpful with the mass quantities of fresh fruits & veg I now consume. Kashi Go Lean, too. I didn't even ever notice they sold this stuff- I'll check it out. Thanks both of you for the suggestions.
  • jorgevelez1587
    Options
    I would recommend ISOPURE... It is a little bit expensive but it is the cleanest protein out in the market. It has Zero Carbs, Zero Fat, and best of all Zero ASPRTAME. It has only 110 calories an has a decent amount of BCAAs that you need. I wouldn,r recommend Muscle Milk because it has a lot of Fat in it and has too many calories but tastes great.
  • scarletfever2005
    scarletfever2005 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I concur on the Isopure. Best stuff out there, but pretty expensive. I've become a fan of Intek Protein Evolution also. It isn't as pure as Isopure but it's cheaper and I've had good results with it.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I like Bolthouse Farms Protein Plus Shakes, I know they have them in Chocolate and Strawberry Banana, those are the two my store carries.