Shoes....

Options
maryd4love
maryd4love Posts: 164 Member
I need new workout shoes. So...when I reach my first goal (20lb loss) I plan on getting some. Here is my question....do I get regular workout shoes or do I get shape up shoes?

Replies

• barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    For working out I'd get regular workout shoes!
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would skip the shapeup shoes and get functional shoes.
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Stick with regular workout shoes.
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you are. I have had mine since last October and been working out hard core so they are out and need to get new ones. I have read tons about various ones. I am thinking of going w/ the Nike Shox or the toe shoes. I know there are a couple of brands out there. I have been working out barefoot in my living room since it's carpeted, that's easier on my knees b/c the shoes can "catch" in the carpet and cause joint pain. :ohwell:

From what I've read the shape ups are just if you are walking so you would have to buy those and workout shoes. Probably too much to spend @ once.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for shoes for working out, get regular shoes that match the activities that you do. Many of the Shape Up shoes can cause injury if you try to wear them for working out because they have a much higher sole than regular shoes for workouts. When it comes to actually picking a shoe, try different brands and really walk around to make sure they are comfortable. High arches - try Nike for more arch support, wide feet - try boys shoes (they run a few sizes smaller than women's, are cheaper and wider), I don't really know much about what the other brands support better - the suggestions I gave are based 'only' on my feet. Over the years I tried many brands and styles. You can get a good start by trying on many in the store and really moving around in them to make sure they will work. Not comfortable in the store? Think how much worse that will be when you try to work out in them!
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I love love love my UnderArmour cross trainers! I actually have 2 pairs and plan to get another when the time comes. They offer great side to side support, great for lifting and interval type stuff. The only thing I don't do in them is jog because they just don't give that nice cushion.
    When I got my first pair, they only offered 1 style in 2 colors, but now they have quite a few options. Definatley worth checking out!