Need advice about how much to exercise....

Options
pelleld
pelleld Posts: 363 Member
...to maintain the muscle tone I've gained in the last several months. When I started here in Feb at 143 I was already doing Curves 5 days per week. I added in a Jillian Michaels DVD 6 days per week as a way to burn some extra calories. I never imagined that my body could actually develop some nice muscle tone and even my thighs look better now (I reached goal in May and have lost 5.4 more pounds since then, I am now at 119.6). I was doing the tapes 6 days per week but I would like to drop back to 3 to 4 days per week (but still do Curves 5 days per week). Is that enough to keep the muscles I've developed? Is it enough to continue to develop those muscles? At this point I'm almost afraid to stop.............

I would love the imput of someone "in the know" about this as I am totally NOT an exercise expert.

Thanks!

Replies

• SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    To maintain you want to try and work out those muscles at least twice a week. Your muscles start to lose their "memory" after 48 hours. Try and work in total body exercises, too. So say do lunges with light shoulder presses, contract your core and legs when you do push ups, that sort of thing.