Nutrisystem diet and exercise lost 9lbs in three weeks

Options
bum324
bum324 Posts: 12 Member
so I've tried my own diet and didnt get any good results, and then i was always curious about nutrisystem. so I went on and it's about little over 3 weeks now.
I started at 187.7 lbs on Oct. 1, 2008 and now i'm at 178.9 lbs.
important thing about diet and exercise:
always eat fruit servings, and veggies with your meal.
eat handful of amount but make sure to substitude with 2 liters of water and snacks ( low cal). eat throughout the day putting time frame schedules inbtw.( i put 2 hrs apart ).
I'm going with this plan but if you must eat out.. make sure take to go box in the beginning and eat only half dish take the rest home for other meal time.
I'm also taking multi vitamin and must watch out for sodium intake!
Besides my diet, i'm also doing different workouts.
core muscle workout and resistance training.
I call it 300 workout like from the youtube. hey, it works!
so has anyone really lost from nutrisystem? I wanna know and hear about it.
what other good exercises are there to trim down lower abs?
thanks.

Replies

• bum324
    bum324 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    so I've tried my own diet and didnt get any good results, and then i was always curious about nutrisystem. so I went on and it's about little over 3 weeks now.
    I started at 187.7 lbs on Oct. 1, 2008 and now i'm at 178.9 lbs.
    important thing about diet and exercise:
    always eat fruit servings, and veggies with your meal.
    eat handful of amount but make sure to substitude with 2 liters of water and snacks ( low cal). eat throughout the day putting time frame schedules inbtw.( i put 2 hrs apart ).
    I'm going with this plan but if you must eat out.. make sure take to go box in the beginning and eat only half dish take the rest home for other meal time.
    I'm also taking multi vitamin and must watch out for sodium intake!
    Besides my diet, i'm also doing different workouts.
    core muscle workout and resistance training.
    I call it 300 workout like from the youtube. hey, it works!
    so has anyone really lost from nutrisystem? I wanna know and hear about it.
    what other good exercises are there to trim down lower abs?
    thanks.
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Question: do they deliver a whole bunch of food at once, or can you get it in smaller bundles? I've always wanted to try it, but I'm a college student sharing a fridge with 2 other people and don't want to fill the whole freezer up with my meals. lol.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Question: do they deliver a whole bunch of food at once, or can you get it in smaller bundles? I've always wanted to try it, but I'm a college student sharing a fridge with 2 other people and don't want to fill the whole freezer up with my meals. lol.

I've heard that you can get individual meals at Big Lots sometimes...although the items are usually close to or past their expiration dates...if you really want to try it, check out ebay, as I've seen a lot of people who bought the whole system, were unhappy with the food quality, and are selling what remains. I was actually bidding on an ebay lot of some leftover Nutrisystem foods, but the MFP members told me that the food was really bad and not appealing and that Nutrisystem really keeps you on a starvation diet, which means you can't really ever go off the Nutrisystem plan because you'll gain all the weight back...just my two cents...

Do a message board search for Nutrisystem...you'll probably find a lot of good info...
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    the bad thing about the nutrisystem is that it does not teach you the correct way of eating either, sure it may work fast at first, but in the end what have you really learned...... :flowerforyou:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I've heard that you can get individual meals at Big Lots sometimes...although the items are usually close to or past their expiration dates...if you really want to try it, check out ebay, as I've seen a lot of people who bought the whole system, were unhappy with the food quality, and are selling what remains. I was actually bidding on an ebay lot of some leftover Nutrisystem foods, but the MFP members told me that the food was really bad and not appealing and that Nutrisystem really keeps you on a starvation diet, which means you can't really ever go off the Nutrisystem plan because you'll gain all the weight back...just my two cents...

Do a message board search for Nutrisystem...you'll probably find a lot of good info...

Hmmm...e-Bay for Nutristystem foods...interesting. I'd be interested in trying out just an item or two. I will have to check it out just for kicks.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Hmmm...e-Bay for Nutristystem foods...interesting. I'd be interested in trying out just an item or two. I will have to check it out just for kicks.

Might want to do an MFP search on it here first before bidding...lol

I only say that because when Laura was bidding on some (luckily she didn't win) there were many responses on here of folks who'd tried them out and said how awful the food was.... :::shrugging:::::: Since I've not eaten it I don't know personally but it seemed enough folks had that same response I'm pretty sure I won't have a craving for it.:laugh:

The folks I've know that have gone on Nutrisystem could only keep the weight off if they stayed on there [NutriSystem] food/program, once off.....all the weight came back on and more as often the norm with all "Diets"....and they don't want you eating anything but there prepared food......:huh:

But....I wish you well on your journey...and you don't have to much to lose, so this might be the right thing for you....let us know how it goes... YAY for the weighloss so far!!:drinker:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options

I only say that because when Laura was bidding on some (luckily she didn't win) there were many responses on here of folks who'd tried them out and said how awful the food was.... :::shrugging:::::: Since I've not eaten it I don't know personally but it seemed enough folks had that same response I'm pretty sure I won't have a craving for it.:laugh:

The folks I've know that have gone on Nutrisystem could only keep the weight off if they stayed on there [NutriSystem] food/program, once off.....all the weight came back on and more as often the norm with all "Diets"....and they don't want you eating anything but there prepared food......:huh:

But....I wish you well on your journey...and you don't have to much to lose, so this might be the right thing for you....let us know how it goes... YAY for the weighloss so far!!:drinker:

Oh yeah, I know. I know. Don't worry 'bout me. I'm loving the way things are right now (although I seem to be at a plateau). I've just wondered about it for so long and want to taste the food for myself. Then I don't have to wonder anymore. :tongue:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Oh yeah, I know. I know. Don't worry 'bout me. I'm loving the way things are right now (although I seem to be at a plateau). I've just wondered about it for so long and want to taste the food for myself. Then I don't have to wonder anymore. :tongue:
    :laugh: :laugh: hahhahahahah you're crackin me up........ I get ya now!:drinker: :wink:
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that tried nurtisystem for a while and did great. She lost a ton of weight but once she quit buying the meals she gained almost all her weight back very quickly. I would be careful with nutrisystem.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!