A little dissappointed...

Options
So I had a doctors appointment today and they had me jump on a digital scale... and I said I was close to my starting weight!!! I know that I am not and that I have made a difference in my body, but seeing that number on that scale made me almost cry. I don't ever want to see 300+ lbs on a scale again... Everyone says I should just stick to what my scale says at home, since that is the scale that I have used for all of my weight loss. I don't know what to go off of...what do you guys think???

Replies

• cieraangel
    cieraangel Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Although the Dr's Office may have had the "right" weight, how much you lost should be what's important, and if you've been weighing yourself on a different scale, pay attention to how that one has gone down. You've still lost the same, it's just the number you started with may have been different if you had used the Dr's scale instead.
  • joyw37
    joyw37 Posts: 38
    Options
    I agree, go with the weight lost from your scales at home. All scales are slightly different and your weight fluctuates at different times of the day. So, don't get discouraged:)

Weighing in at the doctor is one of the worst experiences I know. She always wants to know why my blood pressure is slightly up at the beginning. What I LOVE is how they fuss about weight(with good reason, i know), but when you've lost, sometimes don't even say a word about it. Um...hello....i'd like a sticker or something for my progress!!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Use your scale. Every scale weighs differently depending on a variety of factors. The best way to track your weight loss is to always use the same scale and always place it in the same spot.