Hi

Hey All.. Here is the short and fat of me...I have been heavy all my life. I have had 3 children gained and lost enought weight to probably lift the Titanic out of the sea. I made a healthly decison about 4 years ago to get back into shape for my children and have been doing pretty good so far. I have a wonderful support system and great friends who are in the same boat. I am a runner and have signed up for my first 1/2 Marathon in Novmember....crazy right..I know!!! I am hoping to loose another 15 pounds before the 1/2 and thought this would be a great place to get some support.:smile:

Replies

• slhaamid
    slhaamid Posts: 11
    Hey there...You can do it!!!!! I will be routing for ya! What's the proper form for running? Is it heel toe or just toe? Hopefully I will be ready for the 5k run with my boys this October!
  • Hey...the correct form is heel to toe and it is more like a rolling motion. If you are just starting out i would seriously look a group of runners to work with. You pick up great tidbits and the friendships you will develope are incredible. I live in VA and we have a group here called Mother Runner that is all about the new or beginner runner. It also works with more exerienced runners who are looking for training as well. You might find one in your area. Or any running group would good. I run with all girls just becasue we gossip while we run and no guy wants to hear us go on about this and that. Good Luck and if you need anything else let me know!!! :tongue: