Need to get healthy

Options
akgerweck
akgerweck Posts: 11 Member
Hi everyone!! I'm new to MFP (just a couple of days not), and already I'm noticing I tend not to eat enough calories and put my body into starvation mode. I really have to work at getting enough calories throughout the day. Here I thought it would be the opposite that was keeping me overweight.

I NEED to get healthy. My family has a history of heart disease, high blood pressure, heart attack, and diabetes. I personally have a history of high blood pressure, high bad cholesterol and triglycerides, and unstable blood sugar. My sister has been on MFP for quite some time and it has helped motivate her in her weight loss and fitness goals. She is my inspiration. I am also encouraging my mother to sign up for MFP as she has been on weight watchers and it doesnt't seem to be helping her as much as she was hoping. This way we can encourage each other to keep within our goals and support each other when we have off days (which, being human, I'm sure will happen.)

Let's get this party started!!!

Replies

• skibrina
    skibrina Posts: 36
    Options
    welcome aboard!!!! You can do it! feel free to add me as a friend!!! have a wonderful day!!!
    Sabrina
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I'm new to MFP (just a couple of days not), and already I'm noticing I tend not to eat enough calories and put my body into starvation mode. I really have to work at getting enough calories throughout the day. Here I thought it would be the opposite that was keeping me overweight.

I NEED to get healthy. My family has a history of heart disease, high blood pressure, heart attack, and diabetes. I personally have a history of high blood pressure, high bad cholesterol and triglycerides, and unstable blood sugar. My sister has been on MFP for quite some time and it has helped motivate her in her weight loss and fitness goals. She is my inspiration. I am also encouraging my mother to sign up for MFP as she has been on weight watchers and it doesnt't seem to be helping her as much as she was hoping. This way we can encourage each other to keep within our goals and support each other when we have off days (which, being human, I'm sure will happen.)

Let's get this party started!!!

Try eating 5-6 small meals through out the day to help get more calories in. I know it's hard, as I have the same problem, but it can be done, and just requires a little planning. I also have a family history of heart disease, diabetes and am doing this to avoid as much of this as possible and to see my grandchildren grow up. I'd love to have you add me so we can encourage each other.
  • RaeLynn_3
    RaeLynn_3 Posts: 22
    Options
    Welcome!! MFP is a great site!! I need to get back on track!!!! I have been soo busy with ball games this year it is unbelievable!! Feel free to add me as a friend!! We can motivate each other!!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love MFP. I love the support everyone gives and the fact that writing everything down makes me more accountable. I am even starting to enjoy working out. :) Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • heathally
    heathally Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site little sister :smile: You'll do great and we'll look at your eating habits and find some better food combinations to help you get the healthy calories you need soon. Love you!