New Here! Super motivated, but I've said that before...

Options
Hello everyone!
So this web site is awesome, the food log and exercise log are so easy to use both from my PC and my phone. I love it! Well, I am way overweight, and need to make some changes. I don't have a scale, I don't really want one :)
I want smaller pants and stronger muscles.
I am married for 20 years to my bff and I have two boys, one teen and one preteen. They are good kids, strong, lean and healthy. We started out own circuit training routine and have been doing it 5 times a week. It's only 20 minutes right now, but when we get comfortable with that we're gonna double it.
I am pretty good at keeping track of my food, and keeping within my calorie range, It's the wine that makes me weak! Haha. I liive and work in wine. I manage a small tasting room in Northern California. It's a fairly sedentary job, so I am trying to find ways to move more, and skip the sipping.
Anyhow, I am happy to be here and looking forward to a smaller me!
~Saffron

Replies

• CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Welcome.. best of luck You can and will reach your goals!
  • saffronblue
    saffronblue Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    THANX!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Okay, this works, if you stay within your calorie goals! Think of it as empowering, not limiting. Think, "I can eat that, and still lose weight as long as it fits in my calories" and make a conscious choice each time you eat (or drink--there are calorie listings for drinks here too). When your calories are all gone, just stop eating. (If you run out of calories too soon and have to be hungry in the evening once or twice, this will really motivate you to be more careful earlier in the day!)

Good luck!
  • saffronblue
    saffronblue Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love that this is so social too. I am getting really good at tracking my calories, and I am always close to my goal, so this week's personal goal is to keep all days within range. Last week it was just to track it all. Baby steps!