setting an example and motivating my girls to get fit and he

Options
I'm Lakeisha...Looking to lose about 30lbs and tone up. Also working with my 10yr old who is a little overweight. Setting an example and working together. New looks for the both of us!!

Replies

• chichi_76
    chichi_76 Posts: 30
    Options
    WOW that is great!
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    That is awsome even the little one can join. My 2year old girl was doing crunches with me last night too cute she kept trying to squeeze in the mat next to me ( little rat) LOL!!
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Great inspiration! Just remember that 10 year olds tend to get chunky because their bodies are preparing for puberty and growth spurts. Fitness is great, but don't let her get a bad self-image.
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    That is great!! I love when whole families get into fitness together!! Best of luck to you and to your fit family!! :)
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Much better to fix those habits now than 20, 30 years down the road.

My 11 (soon to be 12) yr old was also on the heavy side. I had to buy her smaller jeans twice (!!) since I started on MFP in January. All she did was keep eating what was served (which has greatly improved) and have fun riding her bike with mom! No pressure. I'm sure her pediatrician will be surprised at her checkup in October!