Cardio burn

Options
Is it best to alternate cardio machines throughout the days of the week? I get bored easily if I use the same machine everyday...is it okay to do elliptical one day, the treadmill the next, and something another? Or is it best to stay on one machine for at least one week and then alternate to a different machine the following week? Please help! I need to burn fat quick and effectively. I workout in the mornings...dont know if that makes difference. Thanks! :)

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    switching it up is great as you body will not get use to the activity leading to larger calorie burns than if you did the same thing every workout.
  • Dizzle_65
    Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I would suggest using different machines in the same workout e.g. 20 mins treadmill, 15 mins rowing, 20 mins bike. add and remove exercises when you want a change.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I switch up all the time just to break the monotony. Today, I split my cardio workout into three different machines. I did 10 minutes each on the stationary bike, elliptical and treadmill. I actually felt like I worked harder in doing so.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Keep your cardio to 20-30 minutes and HIIT style. You'll burn more calories after the workout. Plus to much cardio will eventually burn muscle.
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I typically do 30 minutes on one and then do another 30 minutes on another. Which one I do depends on what's available and my mood. :)
  • LAYLAH17
    LAYLAH17 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    LOl, Well that's good to know. Because I switch up all the time....:laugh:
  • sari92379
    sari92379 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much...this actually helps!!!! :)