Hello all

NWCountryGal
NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I just joined and really like your site. I am having trouble getting the ticker tape to "enter" into "my signature" though. Maybe someone can give me some direction. I've been working on my weight since October 6 and using another site. I wanted something a little easier but yet, with all the tools I like using. Your site seems to have all I need or want so thank you and hope to meet lots of you:)

My name is Denise and here are some stats:

5'2"
137(goal weight of 110)

Fave exercise, walking. I do 4 miles in 70 min. and I try to do 6 days a week but usually only 4-5 most of the time:) I love keeping a food journal. It is so revealing, helpful and fun.

Replies

• NWCountryGal
    I just joined and really like your site. I am having trouble getting the ticker tape to "enter" into "my signature" though. Maybe someone can give me some direction. I've been working on my weight since October 6 and using another site. I wanted something a little easier but yet, with all the tools I like using. Your site seems to have all I need or want so thank you and hope to meet lots of you:)

5'2"
    137(goal weight of 110)

Fave exercise, walking. I do 4 miles in 70 min. and I try to do 6 days a week but usually only 4-5 most of the time:) I love keeping a food journal. It is so revealing, helpful and fun.
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Hi and welcome! I also started officially on Oct 6th. You are right about this site having helpful tools- I have lost 4 lbs already. I give a lot of credit to this site, the people and their stories of success, and just putting to use everything the site offers! You will enjoy it. Nice to have you here and best wishes for you:flowerforyou:
  • NWCountryGal
    Hi and welcome! I also started officially on Oct 6th. You are right about this site having helpful tools- I have lost 4 lbs already. I give a lot of credit to this site, the people and their stories of success, and just putting to use everything the site offers! You will enjoy it. Nice to have you here and best wishes for you:flowerforyou:

IM SO EXCITED THIS A.M.!!!! I hadn't lost not one pound in 14 days since the 6th, but, 5 days ago I started walking on top of my 1200 cal, low sugar, 20-25% fat food intake. This a.m. I saw the place where you put in your weight and measurments?? So I thought, well, I'll go weigh and just see. I weight 134.8!!!!!!!!!!!! From 137 that is like 2 lbs!! This is a first for me. My weight never bothered me enough to do anything about it before. But in the last year I had gained 12 lbs. So, I decided I wanted to get back to my normal size at 110. I may not reach that as the muscle building may have me weigh more I understand:) I just can't believe it!! Anyway, lol, enough outa me.

Thank you for your welcome note and yes, I am going to love this site. I got my best friend Edie to join and I think she may be too shy to talk on these forums but she is really working at her weight now after having this cool little site to encourage her:)

God bless and thank you sooooooooo much, denise in Southern Oregon:)
    PS I see my little butterfly moved 2 spaces, wooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Welcome to MFP Denise!! This is such a great website & I know you'll continue to love it. I know what you mean ... this food journaling and recording my exercise .... trying to find a balance ... is very revealing and helpful. I've been here going on eight weeks and have lost 8 pounds now, so just keep going one day at a time!

Some advice I got from the experienced and successful folks on here was to log food before you eat it, and when I do that I have an easier time staying where I want to be calorie-wise.

Enjoy & be sure to come here with any questions or concerns! This is a friendly bunch!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • NWCountryGal
    Welcome to MFP Denise!! This is such a great website & I know you'll continue to love it. I know what you mean ... this food journaling and recording my exercise .... trying to find a balance ... is very revealing and helpful. I've been here going on eight weeks and have lost 8 pounds now, so just keep going one day at a time!

Some advice I got from the experienced and successful folks on here was to log food before you eat it, and when I do that I have an easier time staying where I want to be calorie-wise.

Enjoy & be sure to come here with any questions or concerns! This is a friendly bunch!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thank you Tresa!!!!!!!!! I am off for my walk now and spent the whole morning getting setup here. I was on another site but it just didn't have all I wanted!! Im so encouraged and now want to help encourage others. I felt like such a lost cause:) I will listen/read as often as I can here. I have much to learn. I mean geesh, I didn't even know a tomato was a fruit!!!!!!! LOL:) Love to all, denise;)
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member

5'2"
    137(goal weight of 110)

:flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP to both you and your friend Edie!!:happy:
  • NWCountryGal
    thank you much!! I am really enjoying my new life:)!!! Maybe see you all tomorrow:) nite all, denise:bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.