Taking Responsibility

Options
I am the Queen of excuses!!! I can find 100's of excuses as to why I can't exercise, why I can't eat healthy, or why I'm over weight. I've been doing it for years!!!

No longer! I am going to take responsibility for my weight. That means taking responsibility for what I put in my mouth and stopping the excuses!!!

I am a busy mom of a 9 month old baby. I maintain a very neat house, cloth diaper my baby, make all baby food from scratch an every breakfast, lunch and dinner for my husband. This has been my excuse for not having the time and energy to exercise but not anymore. I started exercising about a month ago 3 times a week and am now up to 4 or 5 times and guess what....I have more energy now!!!! As for time....well my husband has more responsibilities now and I watch LESS TV!!!

I am responsible for getting to this weight and I am responsible for losing it!! I'm taking it one day at a time and 1 meal at a time and 1 run at a time! I didn't gain this weight overnight and I won't lose it overnight!!

No more excuses for me!

Replies

• heatherseona
    heatherseona Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    What a great attitude you have. Sound like you have a great plan. Good Luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • pfcjfoley
    pfcjfoley Posts: 3
    Options
    thanks I needed to hear this. Went on vacation and forgot everything I learned. Responsibility for me to get back on track
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Wow! Sounds like you've got a plan! Try and keep in mind that you can't take care of the ones you love if you don't love and take care of yourself first! learning to cut a few things out here and there can make a world of difference and give you time to spend with and enjoy the ones you love! Trust me, 20 years from now, the baby isn't going to remember the cloth diapers and how clean the house was. The memories will come from the times you go out as a family and spend some time flying a kite at the park or swimming together at a neighborhood pool! I think you've got a great plan in the works!
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Not only were you using excuses, you were putting everyone before you all the time. Great job dropping the excuses and realizing you can take care of you and your family will be okay!

Good luck!
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Great attitude!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    That's usually the hardest part for people - realizing that no one else had much to do with why we became overweight. It was all a series of choices we made that led to it. Did my relationship with my ex suck for most of the 7 years I was with him? Yeah. Did the depression cause me to gain weight? Yeah. But, did I *choose* to eat more and sit more instead of doing the **** I needed to do to be happy instead of that? Yeah. I did. But did I stop making those choices? Yeah. I did.
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouragement!!! Went for a 4.75km run and mowed my lawns today. Total calories burned 700!!! Woo hoo! It feels good to make healthy choices!