On My Way to a Healthy Me!!

Options
Hi! I have been overweight all of my life, born at 9 lbs something!! I had to have knee surgery when I was 17 and have had mobility problems ever since. I am now 55 and in need of knee replacements!! The orthopedist determined that I am inoperatble due to my obesity. Now that kind of statement really hits home--even after looking at my big body daily!!! I have been working towatd a healthy lifestyle since Jan this year and just found this site today! It looks like this might be the correct place for me! I am currently going through a 6-month weight loss surgery program with Kaiser and this is almost the end of my 2nd month. I go for my next appt this Friday and will see what I have lost in the last 4 weeks!! I would love to see like an 8 lb loss but I don't think that is realistic!! Looking forward to making new friends!!! Peace to all!!:heart:

Replies

• Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that process! I am going through Kaiser and I have my surgeon consult in 2 weeks :bigsmile: I can not wait.
  • Flamingoer
    Options
    thanks for friending me!!! Did you have to do the 6-mo program also?? I was originally told I had to lose 3% of my excess weight within the 6 months and I almost made that the first month!!