"Healthier" Paleo Pizza (Flour-less)

Options
kelseyk14
kelseyk14 Posts: 95
I made this tonight for dinner and it was AMAZING!!

Ingredients:

4 pastured eggs
3 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Herbs & spices to taste ( I used oregano, crushed red pepper, garlic, cayene pepper, salt)
Your favourite pizza toppings (I used mozzarella 1 cup, grilled chicken, bell pepper, celery, tomato, onion, and pizza sauce, jalapeno).

Method:

Heat oven to moderately high (higher than 350), and place a clean pizza tray inside.

Grab two medium bowls, and separate the eggs so that the whites are in one bowl, and the yolks in another.

Using an electric whisk, whip the egg whites until stiff, glossy peaks form.

By hand or using a stick blender, beat yolks, adding in cream cheese, Parmesan, and herbs & spices as desired, until thoroughly combined.

Fold this yolk mixture into the whipped whites, trying not to crush the foamy bubbles too much.

Remove pizza tray from the oven carefully, and grease thoroughly. Pour the pizza dough mixture onto the tray, spreading the mix evenly.

Return to oven, put on 'grill' or browning setting to brown cheese and bake until golden brown - around 20 minutes.

**Depending on the size of your pizza calories will vary. I made mine square and cut it into 8 BIG pieces and they were 200 calories a piece. Each piece was about the size of a deck +1/2 of cards.

Replies

• dosesr4winners20
    Options
    Mmmm sounds to die for I'm gonna give this a whirl! Thanks for the awesome tip! <33
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing!
  • Kellidianne
    Kellidianne Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i'm not a hater, but when did cavemen eat cream cheese? m :)
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    sorry if I am a bit dumb now but when do you put the topping on? Straight away when you pour the egg mix onto the tray or do you grill/bake that first and then add the topping? Will definitely give that a go!

Thanks for sharing!
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Ooh, it's gluten-free, too! I might have to try this one! Thanks for sharing :)
  • kelseyk14
    kelseyk14 Posts: 95
    Options
    sorry if I am a bit dumb now but when do you put the topping on? Straight away when you pour the egg mix onto the tray or do you grill/bake that first and then add the topping? Will definitely give that a go!

Thanks for sharing!

Not dumb at all!! Sorry I am just now seeing this. You grill/bake first until golden brown then add the toppings!
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    This is another one of those recipes that makes me miss dairy. I don't miss the problems that it causes me...Just the taste. :P
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    BUMP