Eyes playing tricks on me

Options
I know that I am getting smaller. When I take my measurements I'm obviously smaller. When I get on the scale, I'm obviously lighter. (not lately, but I'm still losing inches) My clothes are falling off of me now. I think I may have went down one size. Wont be sure until I try on new clothes. I think I stretched my old ones. But when I look in the mirror, I still see BIG. Whats up with t hat?? Do you literally SEE a body that you know is not t here?? My body is not BIG like it was...it cant be...but it REALLY LOOKS that way to me.

Replies

• nurse_carolyn
    Options
    we're always the hardest judges on ourselves....
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I still se big when I look at myself in the mirror. Without looking at old pics sometimes I forget where I came from.
    But I see a bigger person than I think others do when I look at myself... kinda weird.
  • FoxCarter
    FoxCarter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Maybe you see what you saw for so long? Try taping a 'fat picture' to the mirror so everyday you can see how far you have come.
  • MsNiss
    MsNiss Posts: 57
    Options
    I like to keep a "before" and "current' picture on my fridge, which helps me see how far I've come when I get down on myself. It really encourages me to keep going when I see how far I've already come.

We're always the ones who judge ourselves the hardest. You look fantastic!!