2»

Replies

• myrickhill
    Options
    dont give up ! is hard but you could do it :wink:
  • clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Find friends and take part in the message boards! If the weight loss doesn't keep you here, the great people on the site will! I sometimes just log in to read the boards and end up doing my food tracking and getting re-motivated at the same time!
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've lost 50 pounds and want to lose 30-50 more (not sure yet... :)

My tips are:

1 - Change your insides: work on ways in which you are unhappy, find your passions, enjoy life more
    2- Change your lifestyle: move more, play more, sit around less
    3- Think of food as fuel - what does your body need each day for optimal performance?
    4- Forgive yourself - little mess ups happen, but leave them in that moment. A big lunch doesn't have to mean a big dinner. A splurge day doesn't have to mean a splurge week.
    5- Make friends here - and then check in with them daily. It's a great support system.
    6- Log your food even when you have a splurge day or cheat: it keeps you honest and when you hit submit and see that "in 5 weeks you will be ____ pounds if you eat this way daily" then that will help you get back on track.
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've lost 50 pounds and want to lose 30-50 more (not sure yet... :)

My tips are:

1 - Change your insides: work on ways in which you are unhappy, find your passions, enjoy life more
    2- Change your lifestyle: move more, play more, sit around less
    3- Think of food as fuel - what does your body need each day for optimal performance?
    4- Forgive yourself - little mess ups happen, but leave them in that moment. A big lunch doesn't have to mean a big dinner. A splurge day doesn't have to mean a splurge week.
    5- Make friends here - and then check in with them daily. It's a great support system.
    6- Log your food even when you have a splurge day or cheat: it keeps you honest and when you hit submit and see that "in 5 weeks you will be ____ pounds if you eat this way daily" then that will help you get back on track.

Another good one, so true!!! nicely said CeejayGee!
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Remember a few things.
    1. You are the only one who can control what goes in your mouth
    2. You are the only one who can control whether you exercise or not
    3. MOST IMPORTANTLY............... NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS!

Good luck
  • sherridean88
    Options
    Im hoping talking to people and having my friends diet with me will help. :) Good Luck:)
  • aNEWmarcus
    Options
    Firstly welcome to MFP - it's a great site, with great people and great advice and guidance from all around the world!

Secondly, like you, my journey consists of wanting to lose 80lbs. All my friends ask me what diet I am on and then i go off about how fantastic MFP is and calorie counting and how much of a difference it makes.. My observations so far:

I thought it would be annoying to begin with, but you really start to make very conscious decisions when chosing food and drink.
    I panicked when I saw my final goal - so I broke it down into small goals that I aim for each month (weight or food or exercise etc etc)
    I haven't stopped my cravings for carbs etc, I just think about them in a different way.
    I still go out for a serious drink with the lads, but each pint I also think to myself this is going to hurt tomorrow in the gym
    I still like treats (much to the annoyance of my personal trainer), but they are getting less and less as I think more about it
    I don't stress thinking about things - it seems to be more natural even after 3weeks
    I used to hate the gym, but now I see the benefits with inch & weight loss and realise it is my friend
    I have more energy (even after 3 weeks) than I did before
    I am enjoying different tastes of food as when you make a choice to eat a bit more healthier you start to add foods you wouldn't normally buy for comfort / ease purposes
    I have found MFP friends, groups, posts to be so helpful and friendly

All in all, you'll find this place as a solid place for support, guidance and motivation. Everyone here is on a journey of some sort (weight loss / maintenance / gain, general fitness, to overcome eating disorders etc etc), but it's truly fascinating.

Good luck on your journey - every goal is achievable ;)