taco bell

Options
I have been eating taco bell chicken burritos for about a week straight now !!!! I just cant seem to give them up help!!!! they have about 700 calories each....................

Replies

• Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Its been over a year since I ate such food from that place however, I do know they have a "fresco" option or something like that which is surprisingly decent and a better option health wise. Check it out
  • www_getfitrx_com
    Options
    haha ... there are chemicals in that crap that are just addictive ... keep driving by ... the stuff will kill you!

I can only say this now that I have lost 160 lbs ... I too ... at one point was in line @ the drive-thru :blushing:
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    I love their fresco options, they are very good!
  • Hanna82
    Hanna82 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i love taco bell. just had it the other day.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Try to find a recipe to make them yourself at home...will save you tons of calories.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I have been eating taco bell chicken burritos for about a week straight now !!!! I just cant seem to give them up help!!!! they have about 700 calories each....................

Eeks... and over 800mg of sodium in each one! Poison!!! Try to stay strong and keep on driving. :)
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options

Make them ate home wrap in lettuce not shells..
  • tdixon00
    tdixon00 Posts: 24
    Options
    Maybe you can try reproducing them at home except in a healthier way?

Here are a few essentials to have on hand if you want to get all guilt-free on your favorite Mexican treats… HG style!

La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Low Carb High Fiber Large Tortillas

The best tool in my low-cal Mexican arsenal. Not only are these low in calories, but they're also crazy high in fiber. And they taste good, too. A pack of these should probably be in your kitchen even if you're not making south-of-the-border goodies — they make great wrap sandwiches!

Each tortilla has 80 calories, 3g fat, 12g fiber, and a PointsPlus™ value of 2.

Frozen ground beef-style soy crumbles

If you want low-cal, low-fat taco meat, this is hands down the easiest way to go. Microwave a scoop of these with a bit of dry taco seasoning, and it's perfect. Roll up the seasoned faux meat in the aforementioned tortilla with the rest of the items on this list (except maybe the next one), and you've got a serious burrito. (Morningstar Farms and Boca both make delicious crumbles!)

A serving of 1/2 - 2/3 cup has 60 - 80 calories, 0.5 - 2.5g fat, 3g fiber, and a PointsPlus value of 2.

Canned 98% fat-free white chunk chicken in water

I was a little worried about using canned chicken at first, but now I've embraced it just like tuna. Mix some of this up with dry seasoning mix, salsa, or hot sauce, and fans of spicy chicken items will be really happy. Pssst! This stuff is also a really good chicken taco salad ingredient, especially when topped off with the next food on the list...

A 3-oz. serving has about 70 calories, 1g fat, 0g fiber, and a PointsPlus value of 2.

Guiltless Gourmet Baked Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips

The best baked corn chips around. Yeah, there are other similar items out there, but these rule and are nice and low in fat. Nacho freaks should get their hands on these as soon as possible. (There are a ton of varieties, but this is my go-to type!)

A 1-oz. serving (about 18 chips) has 120 calories, 3g fat, 2g fiber, and a PointsPlus value of 3.

Low-fat/fat-free refried beans

If you're in need of something to make a bean burrito or a tasty hot dip, grab a can of this stuff. There is really no good reason to get the fattier kinds. The low-fat/fat-free versions taste terrific, and you're going to load 'em with cheese and other goodies anyway!

A 1/2-cup serving has 100 - 120 calories, 0 - 2g fat, 6g fiber, and a PointsPlus value of 2.

Salsa

Yeah, I know, this one's a no-brainer. But I want to give it a quick shout-out because I love it so much. I scoop it on top of cheesy eggs to make a Mexi-licious scramble. I heap it onto salads. I like the stuff in jars, the stuff in tubs, the stuff you make yourself… I love salsa!

A 2-Tbsp. serving has about 10 calories, 0g fat, 0.5g fiber, and a PointsPlus value of 0.

Fat-free sour cream

Topping off a spicy dish with a little cool sour cream is like squiggling chocolate syrup onto your scoop of ice cream — yeah, you could go without it, but why? The fat-free stuff is totally adequate, however if you have an issue with the taste, you can use fat-free Greek yogurt instead.

A 2-tbsp. serving has about 25 calories, 0g fat, 0g fiber, and a PointsPlus value of 0.

Fat-free shredded Cheddar cheese

People, you just can't have a proper Mexican-style dinner without cheese. (At least I don't think you should.) And since there are so many fun ingredients to add, it's best to save a few calories and fat grams by going with the fat-free stuff. Tip: If you microwave the cheese with the soy crumbles or chicken and then stir it up, it melts really nicely.

A 1/4-cup serving has about 45 calories, 0g fat, 0g fiber, and a PointsPlus value of 1.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I used to order from their fresco list but the sodium is just ridiculous there.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Try duplicating the recipe at home with grilled chicken and high fiber wheat tortillas. Save your money, save your waistline!!

It's hard to give that stuff up, but believe it or not, pretty soon you'll hear 'Taco Bell' and just the name will make you want to run to the bathroom....haha.

Good luck!!!
  • Latoyamary
    Latoyamary Posts: 140
    Options
    Maybe, you can try making a healthier version at home... It might taste better, be more fullfilled and help with your journey...
  • alwaysdvs
    alwaysdvs Posts: 3
    Options
    are you talking about the regular chicken burrito or the grilled stuft chicken burrito? I too have a weakness for taco bell. i started asking for easy sour cream and then no rice or extra lettuce instead of eating a pizza and a chicken burrito i get the chicken taco and dont eat the shell.... every little bit helps. maybe try only eating one burrito and half of the other maybe you can get down to only one when you go.... and as always drink lots of water... :)
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I love their fresco options, they are very good!

^^This! I used to be, and still kind of am, addicted to their steak chalupa's! OMG..so yummy. When I have the craving I just pair it with a fresco taco, or just limit myself to just one chalupa.

Good luck! :)
  • Reese104
    Reese104 Posts: 26
    Options
    eat half and have a salad!
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    sure its not the healthiest option but this is a lifestyle change.. if we just GAVE UP everything that we wanted we would be doing nothing good for ourselves. it's alright to treat yourself. check out their "drive thru diet" menu... i've eaten off of it a couple times and i'm still losing.

good luck and have fun with finding healthier options at places you love to eat or at least the lower-cal options. :flowerforyou:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Its been over a year since I ate such food from that place however, I do know they have a "fresco" option or something like that which is surprisingly decent and a better option health wise. Check it out

I found the fresco menu suprisingly high in calories for the little bit of food you get. I can't remember exactly what I had. A bean burrito and one other item and it was 550 calories. That's about what I usually have for breakfast AND lunch.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I don't think having something like Taco Bell is evil if you don't have it that often. I had a 7 layer burrito the other day, but that was the first time I'd eaten at Taco Bell this year. I also had a McDonald's Angus Deluxe a few weeks ago, and didn't feel guilty, since I only go there once or twice a year (literally).

You don't have to completely give up everything you like, just don't eat it all the time. I've noticed when I try and give things up completely, I'm more likely to crave them. If I know it's okay to have them, but not all the time, I'm much less likely to crave and then end up eating too much.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I used to LOVE Taco Bell. Now that I live in South Jersey the nearest one is 40 miles away, which used to mean I got one every time I drove to Philly. HOWEVER, for me, I found that after not having it for a few months (hadn't been to Phillie for a while) I lost my taste for it. I went there very excited about a grilled stuffed burrito and left feeling like crap and with next to no calories left for the day. But, being the Taco Bell lover that I am, I chalked that up to being a bad location and tried another one. Maybe not everyone is this way, but I found that when I do without things like fast food or soda for a time that I no longer enjoy them when I do eat them.

Perhaps you should try giving it up just for a time (let's say a month) and if you feel compelled to "treat yourself" after that then try it and see if you've lost your taste for it. Good luck! Remember this is a journey, we all end up with hang ups hear and there but we learn how to navigate around them! YOU GOT THIS!
  • Christina269
    Christina269 Posts: 110
    Options
    I'm such a taco bell addict, too. I just have to keep driving by... I can't even try to order from the fresco - because when I get up there, the words, "2 bean burritos and a chicken quesadilla" just fly out of my mouth.