Cheat days??

Options
2»

Replies

• AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i feel no foods are "off limits" ....ALL things in moderarion.

have one or two slices, add it into your calories for the day,workout and keep it moving.
    My thoughts exactly! If you don't allow yourself that treat every once in a while, eventually you will binge and feel like crap! On days when i know something really good is coming, I throw in some extra exercise to counteract it, if I can!
  • HollyMcCaw
    HollyMcCaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have 1 night a week where there is no food that is off limits. I just always make sure to get in a good work out that day and log everything. I think of it this way, if a super unhealthy over-eater ate healthy one night out of the week they would not lsoe weight. So if I have something out of the ordinary one night a week I am not going to gain weight, not enough to make a difference anyways
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Dont eat the crust and get a napkin to dab the fat sitting in the pepperonis and cheese holes. Why dont you order healthy toppings fro yourself? chicken, veggies, whole wheat crust..
  • chridow
    chridow Posts: 178
    Options
    Does anyone else allow themselves a cheat day once a week? I really never have, I have cheated but just not on a regular basis. Everyone has always told me you should allow yourself that one day to give yourself a reward for all your hard work and good eating habits. I kinda agree, and now over a year down the road in my weightloss I have grown more "anal" lol about it and allow myself to cheat barely ever.....however now I want those foods more then before...is it because I constantly deprive myself??? Tonight is pizza night at my house AGAIN....and I always eat something else while everyone else has it. Can't remember the last time I had pizza...lol What does everyone else do? Any advice?

EAT THE PIZZA! seriously, if you're feeling deprived then it'll only get worse. NOBODY is perfect! a slice (or two) won't derail your weightloss efforts. IMO food is delicious and it's meant to be enjoyed. Some may disagree, but I certainly don't plan to live my life never eating ooey gooey goodness every so often. as long as you feel you have a handle on healthy eating in general, indulging every so often isn't all that bad. however my advice doesn't really matter unless you actually give yourself permission to enjoy what you eat. if you have your pizza, savor the flavors you've missed. log it, but try not to feel guilty :-)

happy pizza nite!
  • cheddarboy
    cheddarboy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    try not to have a cheat Day, rather just a cheat MEAL
  • Bells32
    Bells32 Posts: 15
    Options
    that was a good read, thanks. I have been told similiar things before. do I listen? usually no....I am a gluten for self deprivation! Its funny, the more I lost weight, the more I was afraid to eat so called "bad" things because I am scared to gain 1 pound back. But seriously, I have lost 69lbs? What gives with the brain and guilt? Ah well still learning...thanks so much. Think I might just eat the dang pizza tonight!!!! :)
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    One to two cheat meals per week. I always exercise that day, and "eat clean" for my other meals. I think it's good for the mind and body. Others will disagree, but it's what works for my lifestyle!
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Eat some pizza! It's unrealistic to think that you'll never be able to enjoy pizza again, and it's really not necessary to deprive yourself. Limit yourself to a slice or 2, and include something else to fill you up, like a salad or a small piece of chicken. It's about moderation, not deprivation.

For me, I usually try to balance out my calories if I know in advance that I'm going to eat a meal higher in calories. For example, I know I'm going out to dinner tonight with my kids, and healthy food won't be much of an option at this particular restaurant. So, I had a yogurt for breakfast and some fruits and veggies for lunch. Even if you do go over your calories for the day, a few days like that here and there won't impact your overall goal. At worst, you may gain a little water weight, but it'll go away in a day or two.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options

have one or two slices, add it into your calories for the day,workout and keep it moving.

That is my take too. I do try to stay a little below each day (50-100 calories) so that when I eat more, I stay under as a weekly average. That has worked for me so far.
  • Bells32
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm told I don't need to lose anymore weight.....so I am in maintenance mode? But actually I want a few more off. Last year I allowed myself normal foods, I only got worse the past 6months, the smaller I got....the more I analyzed my food. I am 5'4, 131lbs in a size 3-4, and by the calipers last week 11.5 body fat. You'd think I'd give myself a break. We can be our own worst enemies....
  • Spreadborough
    Options
    I don't understand the concept of a cheat day or cheat meal. The only intake I have pretty much eliminated is beer / alcohol, as most of my prior excess calorie intake truly was "beer belly" causing, and I felt to achieve my goals that it is best to abstain (at least for now).

Otherwise, I try to make healthier choices and control portions. Pizza is something I enjoy, and make at home, usually from store bought thin & crispy pizza crust. The thin crusts aren't too bad on calories, carbs, sodium; and making the pizza at home you have control of the toppings and portions.

If I am going to eat higher calories, I try to do extra exercise to burn them. My intake over the last week has varied from about 1400 calories on a non-work out day, to almost 2600 calories on one day I burned 1000 calories.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Sunday is my 'pig out' day. I allow myself to indulge in foods that I normally avoid during the week. But I still keep it with in limits. Gone are the days when I would feast on a entire carton of Ben and Jerry's lol!!!!
  • MsLadyVirgo
    MsLadyVirgo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days. I eat what I want, when I want. This is a lifestyle change and not a diet. I eat it all in moderation. I feel better knowing I can have whatever I want each and everyday vs having to wait for a "cheat day".

Love It! This is my approach....
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I give myself one meal a week.
  • cheddarboy
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm told I don't need to lose anymore weight.....so I am in maintenance mode? But actually I want a few more off. Last year I allowed myself normal foods, I only got worse the past 6months, the smaller I got....the more I analyzed my food. I am 5'4, 131lbs in a size 3-4, and by the calipers last week 11.5 body fat. You'd think I'd give myself a break. We can be our own worst enemies....

If you're really 11% BF, you are way too low. Fitness models are in the 17% range.

http://www.weightlossforall.com/fat-percentage-ideal.htm
  • WowieGarcia
    Options

Agree 100%
  • Bells32
    Options

If you're really 11% BF, you are way too low. Fitness models are in the 17% range.

• Bells32
    Options

I have built up a lot of muscle mass, I've been told to compete, actually the food regimen I am on now is similiar to that, however I am way to shy and self conscious. And yes I was told my bf was too low, but honestly I don't see it.
  • rmrainbow
    rmrainbow Posts: 37
    Options
    I actually have a "free day" every Saturday. Since I workout 6 days a week, Saturday is the day I get to rest and not workout, and also the day I don't have to track. This allows me to not get tired of MFP and just take a short break from calorie tracking. I can eat whatever I want but in MODERATION, and the fact that I'm not tracking just makes me more conscious of the choices I'm making. So I still eat healthy, I just consume a few more calories than normal, and I have continued to lose weight every week since I re-started my journey in May.

Allow yourself to have those things you want! Gosh, I love pizza. You could even try reinventing those fatty foods into something more delicious. Try a whole wheat crust, margherita style pizza, with garlic, basil, roasted tomatoes, mozzarella. Sooooo yummy!
  • cheddarboy
    Options

I have built up a lot of muscle mass, I've been told to compete, actually the food regimen I am on now is similiar to that, however I am way to shy and self conscious. And yes I was told my bf was too low, but honestly I don't see it.

can u post a picture? maybe u are dangerously skinny