Charlie horse and working out...

Options
Just curious what everyone thinks about working out after a charlie horse. I got a pretty bad one this morning and my muscle still aches, in a way that feels like another one is preparing to rear its ugly head. i just got back into working out after a week off... should i work out anyway, or should i give it a day?

Replies

• Bgriff1974
    Bgriff1974 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    were was your charlie horse located?
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    Same thing happened to me today and I worked through it. I too am getting back into working out after my vacation. I personally am just going to continue on and if I need a 5 second breather to subside the charlie horse pan I do and will! :happy:
  • faithfitnessandnutrition
    Options
    It depends on what your body is telling you. I have had a terrible one that left my left leg bruised and I couldn't workout out for 2 days because of soreness/pain in the muscles and I kept getting smaller ones especially when walking up stairs for at least a few days after the major one. Listen to what your body it telling you and doing, if you still have a lot of pain and continue having other spasms, you may want to ease of exercises that are to strenuous on that muscle and concentrate on stretching exercises etc (yoga, pilates) also check with your physician to make sure nothing else is going on. Good luck. :)
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I got these all the time. Several times a day in fact. if I let them stop me from working out, I'd never workout. Just make sure you warm up, STRETCH, workout, warm down, and STRETCH again. Make sure you're drinking plenty of fluids. If you have a serious problem with cramping like I do (I get them in my legs, my hips, toes, and arms) try drining an 8 oz glass of pedialyte daily. So far its helped me out a lot. No cramps in weeks!
  • trinity77
    trinity77 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i had to google charlie horse as i had no idea what you were talking about! i thought you might be referring to a hangover! lol. cramps can be a symptom of low electrolytes.