Irritating co-workers?

Options
gcook1
gcook1 Posts: 15
omg...he's at it again! Why does the guy right next to me have to constantly make noise? Tapping feet...tapping fingers... clicking teeth TAP TAP TAP.... aughhhhhhh

Anyone wanna trade pet peeves? :)

Replies

• Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    sounds like fun. the person in the office next to me makes it a point tell yell about how people are _)*(&@)%^^%) everytime she gets off the phone with someone...cant be everyone crazy lady, it must be u
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    lol the new guy here that just started hums to himself and every time he gets off the phone he has to tell you what they talked about. I DONT CARE!!!! And oh the hand sanitizer... he has a big bottle of it on his desk I had a migraine the other day from the smell!!!
  • peripah
    peripah Posts: 120
    Options
    Hmm. I'm probably more likely to irritate my co-workers than to be irritated by them. I'm very good at ignoring everyone and everything around me.
  • lynn_1290
    lynn_1290 Posts: 11
    Options
    I was just complaining about this! haha, my assistant manager has been bugging me so much, she constantly re does everything i just did, it's like..if I obviously can't do it good enough for you why do you ask me to do it at all?! Ugh, no one really likes her either.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    YIkes, i have sit next to people who eat crunchy food all day, and chew with their mouths open. I hear every smack, crunch and gulp. I have headphones to keep me from killing them. When one stops the other starts. If i was paranoid, i would think they are tag teamming me. I know how you feel - it never stops. The best part is they don't stop chewing when the talk, and they don't get up to talk to each other they yell. Thank god for headphones and loud music.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    omg...he's at it again! Why does the guy right next to me have to constantly make noise? Tapping feet...tapping fingers... clicking teeth TAP TAP TAP.... aughhhhhhh

Anyone wanna trade pet peeves? :)

This is why I love being a receptionist...well, why I'm happy to be a receptionist if I'm going to work in an office. I'm all alone out front love it!

I do, however, hate when people come around to MY side of my desk to send faxes and make copies, ask me to do it or ask to come around...this is MY desk, I don't come around and hang out at your desk!
  • vancemarylln
    vancemarylln Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!! One of my coworkers whose desk is right next to mine, finds it necessary to yell into the phone, or have the phone on speaker all the time, while chewing her food and smacking her lips. Then scraping the bowl to make sure to get every last drop. She is constantly slamming everything down on her desk, for example her stapler, pens, water bottle. She has a fan that blows directly on her, which I wouldn't mind if it wasn't so loud! She pounds on her keyboard when she's typing and yells about everyone she talks about being stupid.

Sorry for rambling, but it made me feel better. I guess I need to trade pet peeves too! lol

Hope your day gets better!
  • GingerIJones
    GingerIJones Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I SHARE AN OFFICE WITH MY SECRETARY. I LOVE HER. BUT she is like so everything it's hard to explain. She talks constantly (I love quiet). That is my biggest pet peeve. I will not complain too much. :)
  • heatherisms
    Options
    I used to have the same problem at my reception job! It's so annoying!
  • gcook1
    gcook1 Posts: 15
    Options
    I do, however, hate when people come around to MY side of my desk to send faxes and make copies, ask me to do it or ask to come around...this is MY desk, I don't come around and hang out at your desk!

Maybe you should try that. Go over to their desk... don't mind me. Just need to google something...
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Every department in my workplace has a shared printer and many of my coworkers who LICK THEIR FINGERS to get them moist enough to separate the papers. I have literally redone entire print jobs because I watched the person who picked up their copies before mine repeatedly lick their fingers and touch everything as they're flipping through. This disgusting habit is my #1 office peeve. They make lotion and finger moisteners for a reason. Ugh, ugh, ugh!
  • fitby2012
    fitby2012 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    The woman next to me cannot stop clicking her keyboard. It's like nails on a chalkboard.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    APPLE CRUNCHER.....

I swear when she eats those apples it's like Mr. Ed in the cube next to me. I want to throw something...large.
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I sit in front of a window and I love fresh air. The other people in my office constantly moan about how cold it is. In freaking July. It drives me nuts! Oh, and my boss accidentally kicks the leg of my chair EVERY time he walks past it. I'm going to electrify that thing soon.
  • size08
    size08 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My *kitten*-licking supervisor. we are not allowed to eat in the kitchens at work. I got caught by the director of the company "poping a corner of sliced bread with a small cube of cheese into my mouth" she threw the book at me; tore up a tamtrom like-a-big-girls-blouses, and told me the director saw me "stuffing my face" stuffing???

last friday I saw my supervisior eatting in the kitchen.

today, I saw her eatting in the kitchen and the frig.

she's a fine example isn't she. NOT!

*****!:explode:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    People who come into my office (I do accounting in a law firm, so my office is way in the back) and ask a question and then stand there and linger after I answer it. Just standing there, not saying anything.... for a few minutes. Bugs the crap out of me!

Also every time I come out of my office (to use the bathroom, smoke break, re-fill my water bottle, etc) someone ALWAYS has to chat with me, small talk. I like my co-workers, they are cool and like friends to me (some of them are friends) but come on, do we have to do the small talk every time I come out of my office? I just want to re-fill my water and go back to my desk without being stopped and chatted with!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    My co-worker is constantly eating peanuts so all I hear all-day-long is CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH. This also means there is a lingering smell of peanuts all-day-long around my desk which sometimes makes me want to lose my cookies. He is a smoker so sometimes, it's a smell of peanuts = cigarette combined. Yep, I've been close to blowing chunks once or twice. Don't get me wrong, he is a very nice gentleman, it's just the activities he does that is smelly :S
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    all of the above.. It's like you're all here in my cube with me :-)
  • ChirishGirl
    ChirishGirl Posts: 111
    Options
    I work from home and most days can annoy myself pretty good...lol.

BUT - I hate when people call about a project and say "oh it must me SO nice to work from home!" Yeah, it's really friggin GREAT - especially when you're calling me at 7:30 from your cell phone while you're at happy hour and had a brain fart about something you'd love to see for a meeting at 7 am the next day. SURE... I LOVE being available to you 24/7.

My fav is when my boss kept calling and asking if I was still in my jammies and fuzzy bunny slippers. I finally replied "Who says I wear pajamas?" He never asked that question again! :o)
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    My cowrokers don't annoy me so bad. There is one guy that talks REALLY loud and makes me jump sometimes. Most of the time though they just have quirks that make me laugh. One guy wears white athletic socks with dress shoes everyday.