Don't You Just Hate It When....

Options
Jorra
Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
Copied from my blog here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Jorra/view/don-t-you-just-hate-it-when-124091

Your favorite shirt doesn't fit anymore?

I wore my favorite "teacher" shirt to work today and realized how comically huge it looks on me. I don't have a picture to show what it looked like on me orignally, but I have a picture wearing a similar shirt from January 2011.

P1142185.jpg

Yes, that's a lizard on me.

Here's a picture from today with my shirt hanging loose.

2011-07-12125647.jpg

And finally, here's what it looks like when I pull half the fabric of the shirt behind me.

2011-07-12125557.jpg

Anybody know a good way to make a shirt half it's size? I love this shirt too much to get rid of it.

Replies

• kaswain
    kaswain Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great job, keep up the amazing work!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Well for starters - WAY TO GO!!
    IT looks like it would be super cute when it fit. Now you just have to buy a new one ;) maybe a fun colour!!!!
  • Halloweenbaby1
    Options
    No advice, but just wanted to say Woo Hoo for you!!!!!
  • joyw37
    joyw37 Posts: 38
    Options
    wow! i can't wait until i have that experience! keep up the good work:)
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Wow! what a difference! :flowerforyou:
    I have no idea about sewing, so hopefully somebody else can tell you!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Woot!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    The bitter sweetness of losing weight. Some of our favorite "large clothes" look/fit bad now. But a great NSV regardless!
  • trdy77
    trdy77 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I think they used to make fashion clips for that VERY purpose..it's basically two alligator clips and a short strip of elastic covered with fabric. haven't seen any in about a year or so though.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Well for starters - WAY TO GO!!
    IT looks like it would be super cute when it fit. Now you just have to buy a new one ;) maybe a fun colour!!!!

I bought it at a thrift store, so it may be hard to find another one. I hopefully will be able to find something similar though!
  • wlddove
    wlddove Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You could try taking the sides in and re-sewing it....if you're the crafty type. If not, then I'd probably take it to a tailor and see if they can do it.
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    Oh you just HAVE to go out and buy a new one that FITS!
    That is some awesome progress!
    I think this calls for maybe a few brightly colored tops that are going to become your NEW favorite.
    Pass that other one on...donate it.
    I guess you could do like all the teen girls out there right now that pull it back and tie it with a hair tie...LOL

YOU LOOK AMAZING!

Keep doing what you are doing.
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Find yourself a seamstress. :) I kept buying and buying new clothes only someone told me after I lost all the weight I could have had all my clothes altered for much cheaper. :(
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! You look great!
  • FatGirlSlim89
    Options
    Well done of the weight loss- you look amazing! I don't know much about sewing, but if you unpick the side seam, cut out some fabric in a triangle shape, and stitched together I'm sure you could tailor it!

Edit: As in, unpick to give two 'flaps' of fabric, then cut one half of the triangle up to the armpit (armpit =pointy top of triangle) on one flap, then the other half on the other flap. I don't think I'm being easy to understand argh! Probably best to leave it to the pro's, but if your handly with sewing then that's how I'd do it!
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Agreed, unpick the seams and resize it, then re-sew it...a tailor is the best thing though. Taking it in look pretty easy, the local alterations guy here could do it in a day and for very little, I bet your local guy could too.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Outstanding!
  • upinthecosmos
    upinthecosmos Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing... about shrinking out of my clothes. Granted most of them I'd rather not have to fit in but some I've grown to like.... LOL, pun intended:-) I do want to be able to wear the cuter, smaller stuff but in the phases of losing I hate to have to get rid of the old, buy new, only to have to soon get rid of that too for smaller even.... don't get me wrong, I love that but don't want to spend the money on it if you know what I mean:-)

As for the existing if/when you want to keep it... have you thought about checking with a local Taylor shop to see if they can take it in at all? Some of the stuff you may be able to but most of the time it's just donation garb for others that could use it:-) It's the price we pay to melt I guess.
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC, SO HAPPY FOR YOU,RED
  • MsNiss
    MsNiss Posts: 57
    Options
    Take it to the tailor! It'll be cheaper than buying a new one.
  • hollymathews
    Options
    well done on your weight loss you should check eBay or try shrinking it in the tumble dryer? depending on the fabric that is.

fingers crossed xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!