Who wants to weigh in everyday?

Options
sarahbeth17
sarahbeth17 Posts: 100 Member
I was just thinking that if I can weigh in everyday to everyone than I would feel a whole lot more responsible for what I eat and do throughout the day knowing tomorrow I could weigh more or less! Anyone else wanna post every day so we have that sense of guilt or accomplishment that we need?

Replies

• JRena225
    JRena225 Posts: 373
    Options
    hahaha I love this, I think lol
  • ladyrhees
    ladyrhees Posts: 26
    Options
    If that works as motivation for you in a positive way, go for it. I know that for me personally, weighing every day leads to "why the hell should I bother?" behavior and have long since gone back to my once a week weigh-in. Tailoring your methods to your personality is a key point for success in my opinion. Best of luck to you!
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    just remember the scale really reflects what you ate 2 days ago
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I've been posting my weigh ins in the notes section of my diary. They are there for my friends to see them, if they care. Weight fluctuates so much on a daily basis that I don't know that I necessarily want to be accountable for the slight changes in water weight from day to day. It's probably bad enough that I weigh myself every morning, even if it doesn't bother me. :smile:
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    weighing in every day set's you up for failure (been there done that :) )
    your weight fluctuates so much from weather, water retention, many things
    IMHO not a good idea
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I stand on the scale every morning myself... its a bad habit. Lol.
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day around the same time but I only post once a week. I do this so I can see how my body reacts to certain foods or too much sodium and stuff.

If I didn't do this, I wouldn't realize that I ate something to cause water retention.
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm a victim of this madness.....but I can't stop - helps me feel like I'm doing something right- hehehehe
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. It encourages me so I don't see it as a problem. I don't forsee it becoming a problem, but if it did I would weigh in weekly.
  • ML0305
    ML0305 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!! I am addicted to weighing myself every morning even if sometimes I am like WTH how did I gain 1lb or 2lb!!! Add me as a friend if you like!!!!
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I do it everyday...a couple of times a day. I don't know why I do it to myself, but if I'm in the bathroom, I have to know!
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    weighing in every day sets you up for failure (been there done that :) )
    IMHO not a good idea

Sorry, I can't agree with that! I'm not saying you're wrong, just that for me, the opposite is true, as well it might be for others.

In my case, I have been weighing every day since I started this (100 days ago), and I keep an annotated spreadsheet and graph. I can see exactly what affects my weight - good or bad - and I don't get disillusioned by apparent gains because I know the reasons for them. I can also see at a glance that my weightloss, while fluctuating a little, shows a definite downward trend. I also log my cals on a spreadsheet/graph on a daily basis (allowance and actual consumption), and in all the time I have been doing this, I have only gone over my limit eight times, and even then, by less than 300....IN TOTAL!

BUT....I do have a scientific and logical nature, so for me, knowledge is everything! Knowing how my body works is key to my success. It means I don't have an emotional reaction if I see the scales creep up, or not move. And if there *is* an issue, I resolve it. Simple!

I don't consider this kind of record-keeping setting myself up for failure...in fact, failure is *not* an option in my book! It hasn't even occurred to me that there's even the slightest chance I won't succeed! I want this, so I'll achieve it!

Of course, what works for me won't necessarily work for everyone!

:bigsmile:
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    weighing in every day sets you up for failure (been there done that :) )
    IMHO not a good idea

Sorry, I can't agree with that! I'm not saying you're wrong, just that for me, the opposite is true, as well it might be for others.

In my case, I have been weighing every day since I started this (100 days ago), and I keep an annotated spreadsheet and graph. I can see exactly what affects my weight - good or bad - and I don't get disillusioned by apparent gains because I know the reasons for them. I can also see at a glance that my weightloss, while fluctuating a little, shows a definite downward trend. I also log my cals on a spreadsheet/graph on a daily basis (allowance and actual consumption), and in all the time I have been doing this, I have only gone over my limit eight times, and even then, by less than 300....IN TOTAL!

BUT....I do have a scientific and logical nature, so for me, knowledge is everything! Knowing how my body works is key to my success. It means I don't have an emotional reaction if I see the scales creep up, or not move. And if there *is* an issue, I resolve it. Simple!

I don't consider this kind of record-keeping setting myself up for failure...in fact, failure is *not* an option in my book! It hasn't even occurred to me that there's even the slightest chance I won't succeed! I want this, so I'll achieve it!

Of course, what works for me won't necessarily work for everyone!

:bigsmile:

^^^^THIS!
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'm a victim of this madness.....but I can't stop - helps me feel like I'm doing something right- hehehehe

I feel you!!! lol:laugh:
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    guilty as charged i weigh every single morning to see how the day before eating has affected my weight, naughty some say but works for me x
  • sarahbeth17
    sarahbeth17 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I know that if I go up .5 pounds and I didn't nothing wrong the day before than it's no big deal, weighing daily keep me sane, if I waited a week I would start cheating myself. I wanna force myself to do good EVERY day.... I'll start today...I'm 163.6 as of this morning. In my following posts I'll try to post what I was the day before as well to really let everyone know!
  • pamital
    pamital Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    yip, I too weigh myself every morning..have done for years. Even when I was gaining weight.
    So yip, add me as a friend if you like. I am like the goktor..I need to see that figure. I wanna know that what I've been doing is having a positive effect on the scales.
    :)
  • MsNiss
    MsNiss Posts: 57
    Options
    I weigh myself and record it every morning. I don't really see it as discouraging, even if my weight goes up by a pound or two within a day. I know that my weight naturally fluctuates, and when I see my graph going up and down over the days but just down over the weeks, I know that the weight is coming off.

I think it actually encourages me, because I can see that although I may have fluctuation of a pound or two, in the long run the scale IS showing a smaller number.

Feel free to add me!
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day around the same time but I only post once a week. I do this so I can see how my body reacts to certain foods or too much sodium and stuff.

If I didn't do this, I wouldn't realize that I ate something to cause water retention.

I do this for the same reasons
  • pamital
    pamital Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!