I'm new here but not to the battle of the buldge lol

Options
haylesmom
haylesmom Posts: 33 Member
Hello everyone my name is Kellie and I live in central NY. I am tall, have been the same height since 5th grade, and my typical not trying weight is 180-195. In collage I dropped 50 pounds in two month and shrank down to 155 with lots of muscle on my body from playing tennis but I still felt fat...I think that it was just the psychology of being over weight my whole life that made me not see that I was just right at that weight and size. After college the weight crept back on and then I became pregnant with my first child. I literary ate for two as soon as I found out I was pregnant and gained 30 pounds by the end of my first trimester and I had gained a total of 60 when she was born...two months later I became pregnant with my second child. Hello Irish twins! I had managed to loose 30 before I became pregnant with my second but put it back on with that pregnancy plus a bit more :-/

So there I was home with a 11 month old and a 5 week old baby when my youngest had her first seizure. Fast forward three years and 30+ hospitalizations with lots of emotional eating and I was once again way over weight. I found out I was expecting our third child in January and started to walk 5 miles every day this spring so I wouldn't again gain so much; I also was very careful of not over eating. Well I hurt myself holding our youngest and reaching for something. It's been two months now and I still can not stand for long or walk to far without a lot of pain. Up to that point I had only gained 6 pounds for this pregnancy but for a month all I could do is sit around...and eat. So now I've started my third trimester and have gained a total of 18 pounds...not bad but I still don't have the emotional eating part in check.

Right now I'm in the hospital with my daughter and it's SO hard to not just eat all day but a FB friend of mine told me of this site and I thought that I'd give it a go! Obviously I don't want to loose weight right now, but I don't want to go hog wild and gain a ton these last few months of my pregnancy. After he's born (due Sept 29th) I plan on seriously working on getting my sexy back lol. I'm hoping that if I keep myself in check now I'll lay down a good foundation of eating habits for myself after his delivery. My only obstacle I can for see is trying to keep my emotional eating in check and the lack of support from my husband... he enjoys his crap food too much to give it up and if I see it I WANT IT.

Replies

• ketojeanna
    ketojeanna Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am SOOOO glad you joined me here. You will love it. I hope you all get to go home soon. Prayers for you all.