Diamond Dolls Week #4

Options
I don't know who is supposed to do the question of the day, but here is a question just to keep us all going....

Which would you rather be, smart or skinny? ;-)

Replies

• mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    Ooooh, good one. My head says smart, but my *kitten* is telling me to write skinny!!
  • BethanieK
    BethanieK Posts: 201
    Options
    I don't know who is supposed to do the question of the day, but here is a question just to keep us all going....

I'm already smart! LOL I'd rather be moderately both, does that count?!?
  • northernchic
    northernchic Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, good one. My head says smart, but my *kitten* is telling me to write skinny!!

LOL I'm with you my friend!!
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    smart. beauty is always attainable - brains is something you have to build young.
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Definately, SMART! I'm currently working on healthy, not skinny.
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Lol, this is so typical me, but I refuse to choose!! I will be both. :-D And come to think of it, I'm proud that "both!" is my gut reaction. I want ALL the good things in life -- smart, happy, beautiful, thin, loved, loving, curious, blessed, healthy... and I believe I'm worth ALL of those things and shouldn't have to choose. I think a healthy level of indignation is ok and that we should all know we deserve it all.

We can all be the total package! :-D
  • MeganLord
    MeganLord Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Id rather be smart.. cause if I was smart I would have watched what I ate LONG ago and would have never let myself get this BIG.. you can fix being "fat" but you cant fix stupid :) just saying
  • Harrar10
    Harrar10 Posts: 116
    Options
    [quote[Which would you rather be, smart or skinny? ;-) [/quote]

Of course smart!! Although if I could take half and half then I would lol!!!
  • Harrar10
    Harrar10 Posts: 116
    Options
    I feel like our group is slowly decreasing in activity... Anyone else feel this too?

WELL where is the Question of the day? I'll go ahead and throw out a question to keep it rolling.

7/14/2011: How are you going to celebrate your victory of reaching your GOAL WEIGHT!!!!..
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    I feel like our group is slowly decreasing in activity... Anyone else feel this too?

WELL where is the Question of the day? I'll go ahead and throw out a question to keep it rolling.

7/14/2011: How are you going to celebrate your victory of reaching your GOAL WEIGHT!!!!..

I have BIG PLANS to take a much needed vacay with my #1 motivator and MFP BFF Karmiene believe it or not....and I'm super pumped for it! Just knowing this is how I want to celebrate pushes me more each day to reach my goals!
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just found this group. How am I going to celebrate.....I want to go on a vacation with my sweetie. I am thinking Mexico, Disney World or a cruise.

Pam aka Cherubcrnp
  • MeganLord
    MeganLord Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    my husband has said he will take me shopping for new clothes wahoo..but im thinkin new ink :)
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options

I still don't know how I will celebrate. I have so far to go that it's hard to think that far in advance. My next goal is 222 which would be half way to my goal of losing 124 pounds. It's 2.4 pounds away! My reward for that will bee a new hair color in August! Just a bit lighter that's all, with maybe some highlights.
  • defygravity531
    Options
    I'm going to celebrate the reaching of my goal weight by buying tons of new clothes. :-) I used to weigh 210 and ever since I started losing weight, I went from a size 20 to 18 to 16 to 14 to 12 and now I'm a 10. So I never get to keep my clothes for very long! So when I hit my goal weight, I'm going to buy tons of awesome, expensive clothes because I know I'll be able to wear them forever. BECAUSE IM NEVER GAINING THE WEIGHT BACK!! :-D
  • defygravity531
    Options
    7/15/11 QUESTION OF THE DAY:

"Losing weight would be so much easier if only.... ____________________" <---- Do you ever find yourself thinking weightloss would be easier if only fill in the blank? What is your "if only"?

AND

How can you handle that situation and still be successful?

Losing weight would be so much easier if only everyone in my life was more sensitive to my needs. If they didn't ask me to go out to dinner or offer me sweets at work or eat junk food right next to me, then I could resist temptation.

I can handle this situation by preparing myself ahead of time and practicing saying, "no thank you" to the junk food pushers. I can remind myself that it's not my boyfriend's fault that he can eat whatever he wants and that he should be allowed to eat his food unjudged (and un-resented) even though I have to eat different things. I can also work out more so that I have more flexibility regarding what I can and can't eat.

Point being, the responsibility is on me to put things into perspective and be accountable for my OWN choices, not to worry about what other people eat or do around me.
  • BethanieK
    Options

I am going to eat an entire chocolate cake! Hahaha just kidding!

I am definitely going on a shopping spree, and I am getting some more ink done. :)
  • BethanieK
    Options
    7/15/11 QUESTION OF THE DAY:

"Losing weight would be so much easier if only.... ____________________" <---- Do you ever find yourself thinking weightloss would be easier if only fill in the blank? What is your "if only"?

AND

Losing weight would be so much easier if only, I got to see the results much more rapidly! I am all about instant gratification, and sometimes it's hard to keep plugging along when I don't feel like I am seeing any results.

How to handle that? I just keep telling myself that I didn't get into this overnight, so I won't get out of it that way either. It helps, but it still kinda sucks!
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    Sorry, I missed the July 14th question so I will answer both:

Not sure what I am going to do to celebrate my goal weight! THe day I lost 100 pounds I got two dermal anchors (kinda like piercings) in my chest. They are permanent, just like my weight loss ;) Maybe new clothes or a new tatoo??

Losing weight would be easier if I didn't like food so dang much!! I wish I could be one of those people who view food only as fuel.
  • Karmiene
    Karmiene Posts: 115 Member
    Options

Me too! This is probably the toughest question so far. Not to brag, but I'm pretty smart right now. I'd gladly give up some, but not all, in order to be thin - say... 15% of my smarts to be 40% lighter tomorrow. It would have to be instantaneous to make it worth it.

I’m slowly losing weight without a fairy godmother so maybe I should hang on to my smarts until I see what happens?

Wow this question has really caused me to think. As, if there’s actually a choice to make.
  • Karmiene
    Karmiene Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    "Losing weight would be so much easier if only… I wasn’t so lazy and I didn’t love food so much.

AND

I find it much easier to cut back food than to exercise so I’m not sure I do handle the situation very well. I’m somewhat successful because I allow myself the freedom to eat anything and I bargain with myself all the time. If I do… then I can have…

Honestly, MFP is the primary reason I’ve had any success. Tracking food and doing simple math is helpful and the people here are fantatstic. Being part of the Diamond Challenge sure helps too! I’m addicted to MFP and know that it’s the primary reason I’ve stuck with this thing.