Pregnant wanting to stay fit & not gain TOO much

Options
Are there any other newly pregnant ladies out there (I'm almost 8 weeks) that are trying to stay as healthy & fit as possible throughout their pregnancy? (Working out and eating right)
I've stopped trying to lose weight after losing 20lbs and just want to maintain and really try not to gain an excessive amount during my pregnancy.
I would love to connect with some other ladies in the same boat as me ;)

Drop me a line! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• haylesmom
    haylesmom Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 28 weeks pregnant and this time around I haven't gained too much as compared to my first two pregnancies. I think the trick is to not eat for two and don't think "I can eat this because I'm pregnant". I was getting up at 5 every morning to walk 5 miles before my family would wake up. It was my alone time and I loved it! I felt great and empowered me knowing I was doing something good for my bun. But unfortunately I pulled my groin two months ago and have been in a lot of pain since then so now I really need to pay attention to what I eat...that's how I found this site today :-) I want to maintain my current weight, though over weight, and then after he comes watch out world one hot momma will be emerging!
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Gain it! Prego women are beautiful!
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Gain it! Prego women are beautiful!

Okay on a more serious note. . . Try not to stress yourself too much. Walk, do normal activity. You shouldn't start anything harder than you current workout :)
  • loulou_z
    loulou_z Posts: 6
    Options
    Congrats!! I've just had baby2 2mths ago.The main thing to do when pregnant is to maintain a healthy diet. Eat more fresh fruit and veggies. When pregnant, your not really eating for 2!! You really only need to eat an extra 300 calories a day - in the begining it is less, and by the end of the pregnancy it can be more. Check with your Dr what u should do as each person is different.

Have health options for when u get the munchies- fruit, veggie sticks, nuts are good options. i craved fruit juice (which i never drink normally) so if you have a craving that is not the best option, follow that craving but restrict the quantity. although in the last month i never could get full!!

I didn't put much weight on till about 18weeks and then i put 13kgs (i think about 28lbs) though the whole pregnancy and 2 mths on i have 5kgs to go till i'm back to my prepregnancy weight. the last couple of months was where i put on most of the weight. I have a few friends that put on 20kg or more (over 40lbs) and are having big problems shifting the weight 6 mths on. dont obsess about ur weight gain, but keep an eye on it!

Light exercise is also good, but dont over do it. For the last 10weeks of pregnancy i was on bed rest, so no exercise.
  • remaho80
    remaho80 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I'll be 12 weeks on Friday. I haven't been doing much calorie counting because I've had morning sickness for weeks now. I KNOW I'm not even consuming as many calories as I should be because of it. I've basically been eating what sounds good. Not all is unhealthy though. I've been struggling to exercise too. I'm hoping that things improve by the end of my first trimester, because I'm feeling like a lump on a log!

With my first pregnancy, I started out at 125 and ended up gaining 45 lbs. I ate whatever I wanted - whenever I wanted and had no morning sickness. I lost all the weight but 10 lbs (I didn't try to lose the weight) before getting pregnant with my second. I only gained 27 lbs with that pregnancy and ate less junk. Here we are at pregnancy #3 and I've gained approx. 1-2 lbs so far. I'm hoping that I gain no more than 25 lbs this time around. I hope I can acheive that by using MFP.
  • februarybug
    Options
    i just came onto this site and searched for 'pregnant' as a topic...as i hit 8 weeks yesterday!!! i would love to connect with some ladies in the same boat as well...so please add me. i will be creating a profile soon...so dont be put off that i dont have one now!

for me...i have always been a sweet tooth...and now i have been having a sweet every day (yesterday was a bag of skittles) and i know i really need to cut this out. i am glad i found this site...just to keep me on track...because i want to stay healthy for myself and more than anything...the baby :flowerforyou:

congrats to everyone and here is to a healthy pregnancy!!!!
  • MidniteDayDream
    MidniteDayDream Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I found out a couple of days ago that I am pregnant. I've been on a weight loss journey for a few months now and have lost close to 40 lbs (40% of my goal loss). I have had 2 miscarriages in the past and suffered from 3 years of infertility. Apparently all I needed to do was get rid of some of my extra baggage. I'm so thrilled but also a little afraid too. I'm fairly certain that my first 2 miscarriages were due to LARGE amounts of travel (I'm talking 14-16 hour drives and plane trips back and forth) and my weight. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this pregnancy goes well (no trips planned at all). I'm a lot healthier now than I was then, even though I weight a little bit more. I don't smoke anymore, rarely drink and I exercise a lot.

I'm currently 5 weeks and trying to figure out how to get past the nausea, exhaustion, light headedness, and chocolate craving. I did buy a bag of mini chocolate bars and I'm hoping one a day will curb the insane craving. And of course trying to keep from going insane with worry about miscarrying again.
  • bekahjk
    bekahjk Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Been on Mfp for a few months and just found out I am pregnant about a week ago. Really trying to have a good fit pregnancy. Welcoming any friend request. I need a good support group of like minded people :) Hope all your pregnancy's are going well.
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm about 11 weeks along per ultrasound. I think I'm actually 14 weeks, but well see as the time goes. I started losing weight in January of this year and after 3 months, and losing 25lbs, I kinda went into maintenence, but didn't exercise as much as I should of. I gained a few pounds back, then recently found out I'm pregnant. Now I'm trying to eat healthy stay active and have a good pregnance. My first one I gained 32lbs and I am hoping for no more that 25 this time. I have a hard time even eating 1200 calories and everyone says to increase it to 1500. What is everyone else doing???