Love my babies...not my body!

Options
Jaytee79
Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
Hi,

I'm fairly new to MFP. I'm the Mom to 2 beautiful kids (2 1/2 yrs, and almost 9 months) and the other day someone asked my when my baby is due.

Clearly, it's time for me to make some lifestyle changes and get back into shape. I have a closet full of clothes I haven't worn for 3 years and would love to feel good about myself again.

I look forward to hearing from anyone else who has had to struggle through lifestyle changes and trying to stay positive and motivated!

Replies

• dmikolas
    dmikolas Posts: 5
    Options
    I have the same closet full of clothes!!! Lets get back into them!!!! Friend me and we can all motivate each other! This is only Day 2 for me and so far I love this site and all of the support I have received so far!!!!
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I totally know how you feel. I have a 5 year old and a 17 month old. I was always thin and really cared about my body and how it looked before I had my 5 year old. After she was born, I worked out, but did not eat the way I should. I kept about 20lbs extra on until about 3 months before I got pregnant with my son. I got down to about the same plateau weight that I was before(150-155) and stayed there until January. I started doing pilates along with my other workouts, and I really pay attention to what I'm eating. I am now back down to my prebaby weight, and I've really toned up. It can be done! It is hard work, but is totally worth it, just like mommyhood.
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    I have four kids and it is very very hard to find the motivation, time, energy and willpower to lose baby weight. I have made huge strides since February, but still have a ways to go. My kids are 7, 5.5, 4 and 11 months.

I hope being on here helps you find the motivation and accountability to help you lose the weight you want. I know it has helped me! I hate logging empty calories in. :-)

Good luck!!!!!!!!!
  • Maris165
    Maris165 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I feel you on the closet...I miss my clothes! heck I hope they are still in style when I get back to them. I have 3 kids a 15yo, 12yo and 13 month old. i'm working on this baby weight plus some for sure! I've found real motivation and drive from the MFP peeps! they are every people like me! Wishing you the best of success!!:smile: