I feel like crying

Options
hi everyone... So, I'm feeling really down right now about my body. I had my second baby last august and got all the way up to 265lbs the day I delivered. After his birth I lost 25lbs pretty fast from breastfeeding but I have been stuck now at 240lbs for about 9months. In the past my heavy weight was 200lbs, and I look best around 165, which is my goal. (I'm 5'9 with a medium to large frame). I know how to lose weight, and I know what I need to do, but I am lacking motivation big time. Every couple days I seem to have it in my head that I'm going to do this, I'm going to eat healthy and start working out....but then the next day it's back to eating whatever looks good and not working out. I know I'm not the only one with multiple failed attempts. What did you do to motivate yourself? Thanks

Replies

• asilmegan34
    asilmegan34 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    This might be a private message sort of thing, but I need to ask. Are you going through any post partum or depression in general? Lack of motivation, fatigue, emotional eating are common signs of both. It might be worth going to the doctor to evaluate in case you feel you might have some of these issues.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    This might be a private message sort of thing, but I need to ask. Are you going through any post partum or depression in general? Lack of motivation, fatigue, emotional eating are common signs of both. It might be worth going to the doctor to evaluate in case you feel you might have some of these issues.

I have to agree with you Ifred12. Aandamommy should certainly go see the Doctor and get some professional help. You shouldn't be ashamed if you are depressed. We all go through it, it's just that sometimes some of us need a little more help than others. God Bless you honey in all your endeavors.
  • rockstarmike000
    Options
    I'm sorry you're feeling so down. Try reading my post http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/287590-5-tools-to-lose-all-the-weight-you-want-happily It might just help
  • aandasmommy
    aandasmommy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking... I was on medicine for about 7 month after his birth just in case because I did have pp with my first. I stopped medicine in about march and have been feeling really good mentally. I am just not happy with my new body...ton of stretch marks and way heavier than I'm used to. I am happy with everything in my life except my body. I am so uncomfortable in my own skin. ...
  • aandasmommy
    Options
    Rockstarmike: Thanks, I will
  • aandasmommy
    Options
    I don't feel depressed I just wanted to hear what helped motivate others to finally lose the weight.
  • dsreilly
    dsreilly Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    For me......something clicked. I know my weight wasn't going to go anywhere but up, unless i changed my eating and exercising habits. You really have to drill in why you are doing it. I managed to only gain 14lbs when pregnant, mainly by watching what i ate, i managed to get down to pre pregnancy weight within 2 weeks. I struggled with breastfeeding, until i gave up after 4 months. (It was too disheartening seeing my little girl lose weight with supplements) I owe it to my children to be healthy for them. I don't get much time to myself anymore, but what time i do get, i try and use to workout. (pretty hard with 4 kids at home) But, i'm doing it!! Add me if you like. :)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I can't share your story since I'm way past my mommy days and I snapped back pretty quickly after giving birth to my son all those years ago, but I can tell you what brought me here.

I hit my 45th birthday in March. My clothes were getting tight, I was generally unhappy with how I looked and felt and I was approaching the very top of the healthy BMI range for my height. I decided it was time to do something! It was either buy new clothes, and go on feeling crappy about how I looked, or start exercising and eating better. I HATE clothes shopping, and buying things in a larger size would have depressed me horribly, so my choice was clear.

I think for each of us there is something that has to "click". It sounds as though you are about to that point yourself. One day you wake up and you just know what you have to do to make things right for you. Once that "click" happens, you'll have purpose and focus. You may not always stay on track, and you may not always move in the right direction, but you'll get there eventually. That's the whole point.