protein question

Options
RVfrog
RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
when I did my food plan it choose the calories I should have and broke it down.....I have a cholesterol problem and can't eat that much protein....(meat) it still says I'm short by alot and I only have like 85 calories left. Is there a way to change the amount of protein I get a day.? Thanks Neva

Replies

• Fitzgeraldguy
    Options
    Protein shakes are great, almost no sugar and low calories in them. Personally I like "Gold Standard Whey Protein"

I don't eat any kind of meat so that is my main protein source.

Best.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes are great, almost no sugar and low calories in them. Personally I like "Gold Standard Whey Protein"

I don't eat any kind of meat so that is my main protein source.

Best.

Ummm...she said she can't eat much protein, not that she needs more.

Anyway, if you go to your food goals you can change the ratios of protein, carbs, and fat.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_custom
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Go to goal settings in the food tab. Click change goals and change the percentage of protein to what you want to intake. This will offset how much fat and carbs you also intake though. I think that is the answer to the question you asked.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    She says she is short in protein and can't eat meat protein and only has 85 calories left. So I think she is looking for other sources of protein.

Protein shakes, bars, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, almonds other great sources for protein other than meat.

Since you have an issue, I would go over it with your Doctor just to be safe!

Best of Luck!
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    There cholesterol free protein options available if you look hard enough. In my opinion, high cholesterol is poor reason to neglect a vital nutrient. Navy beans, for example, have 25% of calories from protein and it is a complete protein (all amino acids). Brussel sprouts are similar (but bulky and therefore hard to eat enough of alone).

I have high cholesterol also.
    Nutrition data from: http://nutritiondata.self.com/
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    egg whites are pure protein (but the yolks are full of cholestrol so seperate them )