My typical luck...

rjh423
rjh423 Posts: 18
edited September 29 in Introduce Yourself
So I'm getting back on track. The food is falling into place & I was going to hit the gym this week. Until about an hour & half ago when, while walking my dog, I stepped in a stupid hole & sprained my ankle. I'm in serious pain. Have it iced & elevated now.

Typical.

Replies

• Hopeinanguish
    Hopeinanguish Posts: 101 Member
    Aww man :( I'm so sorry. Try to stay positive and take good care of it so that you can get going ASAP! Thinking good thoughts for you!
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    lol sounds exactly like a story I'd tell, too!

I hope that the rest, and elevation and taking care of yourself will heal your ankle quickly!!! But don't rush yourself!!
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Aww that stinks!!!! You should get you some hand weights for the house and when ever you cannot work out with your legs, do arm movements at home. Thats what I do. I even do it while watching tv or talking on the phone :)
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Aww that stinks!!!! You should get you some hand weights for the house and when ever you cannot work out with your legs, do arm movements at home. Thats what I do. I even do it while watching tv or talking on the phone :)

this is what i was going to suggest. do core and arm workouts till you are able to walk on your ankle again
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Aw, man! That sounds like the kind of year I've had. Good for you for taking care of yourself instead of trying to push past the pain though. And the arm exercises sound like a great idea!
  • rjh423
    Thanks, y'all! I have some arm weights so I'll definitely do that.

The good news is the swelling & discoloration are minor. The pain is moderate when I'm not on it, much more painful when I walk/stand. Hopefully it won't last long. *sigh*
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Ooh, ouch! *hugs*

Be sure to get it checked if it keeps hurting. My husband had a fracture and a partially torn Achilles from a similar accident. Ended up on 'light duty' for about 8 weeks. Luckily only a few days on crutches, then a walking boot.
  • rjh423
    The good news is - I have a walking boot in my closet (7 broken ankles will do that to a girl). So I know what to do. :-) Hopefully it won't get to that. I'm sure it's not broken. The worst part was it happened on the opposite side of the lake from where I live. So getting back here was difficult at best. My poor 65 pound chocolate lab had to play sled dog. But we made it.
  • Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    OMG I'm so sorry! I know EXACTLY how that feels...I was one week into my diet/fitness journey and i hurt my knee. Not like oh dang that hurt but oh lord please make this better ASAP. I'm now 5 weeks into diet land....4 weeks of knee pain, I JUST got off crutches a couple days ago. It is possible to lose weight without exercising. I've been couch bound for 3 and a half weeks and still lost 13 lbs. Just remember to RICE your ankle and keep off it until it's fully healed. I'm facing the possibility of surgery in my future so I'm trying to lose as much as possible before im stuck on a couch again haha.

GOOD LUCK! You can do it!
This discussion has been closed.