TWEENERS 10/26

Options
Hey all! Guess I've got the torch this week! We've all been doing GREAT with our nutrition so far!

Now its time for something new!

CARDIO CHALLENGE!!!!!!

Okay, so this weeks challenge will be which team (combined) can rack up the most calories burned with exercise, mainly cardio. Weight training can count too you just have to log it under cardio "strength training"

I found a GREAT website that pretty much has charts for EVERYTHING you could think of.

http://www.spirita.net/diet/calories-burned-chart.htm

EXAMPLE:

Housecleaning 864 - calories per one and one half hour
Shopping 325 - calories per one and one half hour
Bowling 415 - calories per one and one half hour
Yard Work 555 - calories per one and one half hour
Laundry 150 - calories per one and one half hour
Mowing Lawn 325 - calories per one and one half hour
Driving Car 125 - calories per one and one half hour
Food Shopping w/Cart 150 - calories per one and one half hour
Kissing 150 - calories per one and one half hour

KISSING! that's 50 calories in 30 min! My husband is going to be VERY happy! :blushing:

Everyone can do this one, even if you can't get to the gym, just clean the house! Remember to keep up with water greens AND dairy people! Good nutrition makes you have more energy which makes you want to work out more! :drinker:

Good luck everyone! :bigsmile:

Replies

• singcoz528
    Options
    Hey all! Guess I've got the torch this week! We've all been doing GREAT with our nutrition so far!

Now its time for something new!

CARDIO CHALLENGE!!!!!!

Okay, so this weeks challenge will be which team (combined) can rack up the most calories burned with exercise, mainly cardio. Weight training can count too you just have to log it under cardio "strength training"

I found a GREAT website that pretty much has charts for EVERYTHING you could think of.

http://www.spirita.net/diet/calories-burned-chart.htm

EXAMPLE:

Housecleaning 864 - calories per one and one half hour
    Shopping 325 - calories per one and one half hour
    Bowling 415 - calories per one and one half hour
    Yard Work 555 - calories per one and one half hour
    Laundry 150 - calories per one and one half hour
    Mowing Lawn 325 - calories per one and one half hour
    Driving Car 125 - calories per one and one half hour
    Food Shopping w/Cart 150 - calories per one and one half hour
    Kissing 150 - calories per one and one half hour

KISSING! that's 50 calories in 30 min! My husband is going to be VERY happy! :blushing:

Everyone can do this one, even if you can't get to the gym, just clean the house! Remember to keep up with water greens AND dairy people! Good nutrition makes you have more energy which makes you want to work out more! :drinker:

Good luck everyone! :bigsmile:
  • singcoz528
    Options
    exercise-posters.jpg
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Man what a day for this challenge!! My back went out on me last night, :grumble: but I did go grocery shopping today and you have that on your list, so I guess I did get something in. LOL. Need to clean house and do laundry so I may be slow, but I guess it is better than nothing.
  • singcoz528
    Options
    Man what a day for this challenge!! My back went out on me last night, :grumble: but I did go grocery shopping today and you have that on your list, so I guess I did get something in. LOL. Need to clean house and do laundry so I may be slow, but I guess it is better than nothing.

Soo sorry to hear about your back. I have some back issues too. I have good and bad weeks. I believe anything you do to move your body should be considered exercise. Even parking far away and walking to the supermarket! :-)

Hope you feel better!:flowerforyou:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Good morning all I hope I have the right thread

I had a reasonably good weekend. I cleaned and cleaned and did tons of laundry. It made me feel better seeing those calories listed because that's all I did to burn any!! I had dairy and greens - drank most of my water. Sadly I'm showing a gain but my body is doing strange things. I think the "change" is near - hopefully - finally - please???
    I don't have a partner on this thread - am I supposed to?
    Today I will:
    drink 6 c water (8 is two too many)
    exercise video 40 min
    elliptical 10 mins
    yogurt at lunch
    salad at dinner

Go us!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

That stinks about your back - I will work hard for us as a team - but I will just be starting today since I've been gone all weekend....Sorry I am a slacker!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Good morning all I hope I have the right thread

I had a reasonably good weekend. I cleaned and cleaned and did tons of laundry. It made me feel better seeing those calories listed because that's all I did to burn any!! I had dairy and greens - drank most of my water. Sadly I'm showing a gain but my body is doing strange things. I think the "change" is near - hopefully - finally - please???
    I don't have a partner on this thread - am I supposed to?
    Today I will:
    drink 6 c water (8 is two too many)
    exercise video 40 min
    elliptical 10 mins
    yogurt at lunch
    salad at dinner

Go us!!

If that's all your eating, be careful - I can't imagine you have enough calories to not be starving yourself...

RunningRatty2 is your partner if you didn't see it on the other thread.

Happy Tuesday Girls!
  • Benson
    Options
    Def not all I'm eating - that's just to keep myself on track because I'm accumulating the challenges.
    so to cover dairy and greens I list the food. I had a huge long day yesterday but fit in a walk to cover 300 calories burned. I only got in 5 water but thats getting better!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Def not all I'm eating - that's just to keep myself on track because I'm accumulating the challenges.
    so to cover dairy and greens I list the food. I had a huge long day yesterday but fit in a walk to cover 300 calories burned. I only got in 5 water but thats getting better!

Great!

I didn't get all my water yesterday but every other day I was out of town I did...I also had my greens and dairy (I am counting the half and half in my coffee since there was no yogurt at the hotel)

I can't brag about ANY exercise but I did on Friday do the 30 day shred since I knew more than likely there would be no time over the weekend - back to it today.....can't let my partner down!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    :laugh: :wink: :laugh: :wink: :laugh: :wink:
    It's a happy day!
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I lost 0.5 lb this week. :smile: Was hoping for more, but I'll take it. I haven't been so called "working out", because my back is still bothering me, but I've been moving around and walking a little bit more at work. I'm sure I'll get a lot of walking in on Halloween. I have a 7 and 5 yr old and they are going out trick or treating. So, I'm hoping my back will feel better by then at least.

Hope everyone has a good night. Later girls.
  • Benson
    Options
    Hi all
    I didn't do anything yesterday aside from the norm - work cleaning cooking. I have a sore back - stupid girl stuff GRRRR Also gained 2 lbs GRRRR again!! There's always next week! My poor partner is going to be looking for a different one!

Drank 5 water
    Ate dairy
    Ate salad
    Exercise?? - not so much!! Kind of curled up on the couch by 9 p.m.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Last night, I actually did 10 push ups (the girl way) but that is a huge accomplishment for me - 2 months ago I couldn't even do 1 cheating! My arms are REALLY week from surgeries but seems like on the right track to get stronger! (also did crunches and running in place)

Had my water, greens and dairy today - been really busy at work today - hope to exercise later on

Have a great rest of the day ladies!!!!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I did it - I did the 30 day Shred
    Each time I push harder and harder --I never exercise in front of my family but tonight my son was working on a rough draft and sitting on the recliner while I did my thing. He was so cute cheering me on - you can do it mom, you're doing great mom.

Love him to pieces!!!! It really did help push me along.

Made flounder tonight - not a fish eater but it was GOOD! All I did was coat with italian bread crumbs and season (garlic salt, crushed red pepper, season salt) then baked and squirted with lemon when it came out - yummy - whole family enjoyed it.

Good night!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Good Morning! Tweeners -

Happy Thursday!

I have to get to grocery store.........
  • Benson
    Options
    Way to go on the shred chrissy Sadly my house is completely void of motivating people

I can barely move today from my back. I medicated and dragged my ample butt to work because money is soo tight I hate taking pain meds - especially for my back because I think its just worse when they wear off. last time I had this (feb) I had to literally crawl to the bathroom because I couldn't stand upright and I missed 5 days of work. I feel a case of the 'poor me's' coming on. Okay so positive positive positive

The sky is really blue today
    I drank my water - yeah me
    I ate sensibly
    I didn't exercise at all - boo me - unless arguing with two teens can be considered cardio!! I mean sometimes jumping up and down and some foot stomping is involved right?
    I lost the 2 lbs I found yesterday - yeah me
    Today will be a good food day - I planned ahead- yeah me
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Way to go on the shred chrissy Sadly my house is completely void of motivating people

I can barely move today from my back. I medicated and dragged my ample butt to work because money is soo tight I hate taking pain meds - especially for my back because I think its just worse when they wear off. last time I had this (feb) I had to literally crawl to the bathroom because I couldn't stand upright and I missed 5 days of work. I feel a case of the 'poor me's' coming on. Okay so positive positive positive

The sky is really blue today
    I drank my water - yeah me
    I ate sensibly
    I didn't exercise at all - boo me - unless arguing with two teens can be considered cardio!! I mean sometimes jumping up and down and some foot stomping is involved right?
    I lost the 2 lbs I found yesterday - yeah me
    Today will be a good food day - I planned ahead- yeah me

I think arguing with Teens is equivalent to at least an hour of cardio - don't you?!

You can't really exercise with a back ache - let it heal and start back slowly. As long as you're careful in what you eat you'll be fine!

I usually have half my water down by now but I haven't had any yet - so it's time to start drinking heavily!

What is your plan for losing - are you following a "diet" or just making smart choices, taking meds?? Just wondering.

I joined the Nov Shred challenge this morning-I was also in the Oct one - in Oct my goal was 2x/week and I did that - now it's 3 times/wk for Nov I am trying not to over do my goals it's disappointing to not get them and it feels great when you beat them so I think 3 is good - I figure every other day.

Oh yeah almost forgot - the scale smiled at me this morning with another pound gone---probably a little more I usually weigh before I eat but I weighed after today and still was down another pound. That's 10 pounds less of me since oct 1 22 pounds total since I began my journey on sept 1
  • Benson
    Options
    That's really great.

My plan is to make good choices every meal. Doesn't always work but I will keep at it. It's how I want to retrain my brain to eat for the rest of my life - not just til the lbs come off - otherwise they will just come back. Stupid boomerang pounds!! I think I'll try to do something every day in November - even if its just 10-15 min walking or a bit on the elliptical. My work will slow down a bit soon and I hope to not be so exhausted when I get home. I currently work about 9-10 hrs a day in a very hectic environment so by the time dinner and kids stuff (taxi, homework) is done - so am I!!! I will lose this weight even if it takes me two years.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Looks like our group has dwindled--I'd like to continue with our challenge

What's a Tweener you say, here's what we're about....

We are a group needing to lose 30 - 100 pounds. We are in between those needing to lose 25 or less and those needing to lose 100+ pounds.

We've been placing challenges each week to keep us focused...
    Week 1 - Drink 64 oz of water daily
    Week 2 - Eat a serving of Greens daily, drink your water
    Week 3 - Eat/Drink a serving of Dairy(or substitution if you don't do dairy), serving of greens, and water
    Week 4 - CARDIO/Exercise-winning team of most calories burned will pick next challenge. I have just been focusing on doing something daily plus water greens and dairy.

***Each previous weeks challenge can be added to the current week OR you can do only what the current challenge is.****We all have things we need to work on and hopefully we'll address them week by week - if you are able to keep up with all of it that's great but if not focus on the current week.

These challenges have really helped me focus on what I am eating, drinking and burning.

If you'd like to join-we'd love to have you, send me a Private Message (PM) with your start weight and goal weight.

It's been 1 month and i've lost over 10 pounds this month.

Happy Water Greens Dairy and Cardio on this beautiful Friday!