Pizza?

Options
I ran and burned over 600 calories today, ate a pretty healthy breakfast and an apple so far today. My bf wants to order pizza (I have been cooking healthy the entire week, I think he (who has weight to gain, not lose, haha) wants to indulge a little. I have over 1100 calories left on the day. Is it terrible to consume calories in the form of pizza for dinner (maybe 2 slices), esp if I still stay under for the day? Or will eating something like that ruin the effects of this?

Replies

• mjersh
    mjersh Posts: 46
    Options
    Go for it! You have 1100 calories to consume!
  • adagolden
    adagolden Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Pile on the veggies and ask for half of the pie with light cheese.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    2 slices will not end the world and can be less than the 1100 calories. Shouldn't have this many left over unless you are eating back your excerise calories too.....

If really worried, go for a veggie type pizza. Less fat and sodium than Pepperoni, Sausage, Bacon, Ham, etc.....

Thin crust or skinny crust will help too!

Enjoy and Just Log It, drink extra water!
  • dishantdaryani
    Options
    2 slices... !!! go 4 it...
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    You'll go over in fat and probably carbs... but you'll enjoy every mouthful!! And if you don't you'll know next time that your body doesn't want pizza any more.

I love pizza and make my own at home - thin crust and lots of veggies. You have plenty of calories though - so savour every bite...
  • Crooks0204
    Crooks0204 Posts: 189
    Options
    ENJOY the pizza!!
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    it's totally fine to indulge once in a while, plus you have the calories to do so! just make sure to drink lots of water, because the sodium content will probably be high! enjoy!!:smile:
  • libs41223
    libs41223 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    There isn't a rule that says you can't eat the pizza. :) It's good to splurge every once in awhile and it seems you have enough calories for the day that you can eat it. So go ahead. We are learning to adjust our eating habits, not deprive ourselves of our favorites.
    Just as long as you don't eat pizza every night, you'll be fine.
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    When it comes to something like portion-controlled pizza, I always invoke my mother‘s fat loss rule of thumb--calories in, calories out. Or in your case, calories out, calories in. BUT I love pizza and actually will also be having it for dinner also (Amy‘s, frozen--1/2 pizza=200 cals and yeah, a lot of fat, but I have a super low-fat diet in general), so I am definitely not the strictest when it comes to your situation.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    TOTALLY! When my wife bakes a fresh apple pie, I save calories all day so I can enjoy 400 calories of crust, sugar and apple filling.

You have lots of room to enjoy (ENJOY) some pizza!

Go for it!
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    EAT THAT PIZZA GIRL!!! that sounds like a typical ME move right there, and I just bought my first pair of size 1 jeans today!! =] I have about 1400 left for today, and I am planning on GOING OUT TO EAT and NOT feeling guilty about givingg my body the calories it deserved.

You're an athlete-- eat up! =] ! lol
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Or if you have a Papa Murphy's near by their Thai Delite is WONDERFUL.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I credit my success in fitness and weight loss to enjoying pizza at least once a week. And I like thick crust, lots of cheese and the only veggie on board is in the tomato sauce! :laugh:
  • wantthistowork
    Options
    Awesome, thanks! I get worried b/c there was a period of time where we ordered it a lot, but I also wasn't paying as much attention to what I ate earlier that day (sometimes I would have worked out, sometimes not). But I do love it and it does sound delicious!