Getting frustrated!

Options
I joined MFP several months ago and was very excited to see great results withing the first month. However since then I have been stuck at the same weight. I'm getting frustrated with my daily diary because according to that I should weigh 10 pounds less than I do.
I workout hard doing A LOT of cardio and am eating very healthy but I'm stuck and not seeing any more results. Everyone else on here seems to be losing way more than they expected and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Like short of starving myself it seems like my metabolism hasn't just slowed it's come to a screeching halt.
If I go over my daily calories even by 30 or so I gain about 2 pounds and then fight to lose that again. However if I stay under but close to my allotted calories nothing happens. Feeling like I should just quit because what is the point?

Replies

• adoreabella
    Options
    I have been feeling the same way :( I stay within my calories (for the most part) and the scale won't budge. The measuring tape is still moving, but that's only half the battle. Hang in there and don't give up. The scale might not move, but think of all the new habits you have developed - eating healthier, exercising, feeling better about yourself. You can do it :)
  • TomAJeffs
    TomAJeffs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The point is that the more exercise you do, the fitter you become.

If you're thinking of quitting, then perhaps you don't enjoy the exercise you do. If that's the case, then how are you going to keep the weight off in future?
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Hi diva.

First you shouldn't compare yourself to anyone else in here in terms of the rate at which they loose weight. Your weight loss is yours and different to everyone else's. You achieved a good rate at the start and that's great but as you loose weight it will be harder for your body to get rid of the rest.
    Another thing is that subconsciously we have the tendency to underestimate the calorie intake and overestimate the exercise burn, make sure you get accurate readings and weigh what you eat, if you do that you're ahead of your game and even if you don't see results in a couple of days they will eventually come.
    Another thing is if you're exercising like you say, you may be replacing fat with muscle and therefore not seeing a great change in total weight but your body fat % may be changing steadily and that's great, more muscle means more calories burned per day.

Another thing, get into the habit of weighing yourself naked, at the same time of day and on the same scale. Do it only once a week and not daily as the body changes and weight fluctuates a lot from one day to the next.
  • Shelleybean29
    Shelleybean29 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I have been stuck for 2 weeks now and it is very frustrating. Keep with it and you will see results. That's what I keep telling myself! You can do it!