My first day didnt go so well:(

Options
Im sherri, I am tired of being overweight. Hope this helps me.

Replies

• sholtz79
    sholtz79 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day! You have good intentions and it will take some time to make all the changes you need. Don't beat yourself up over every little stumble! I am also new and had every intention of starting on Monday only to have a huge storm come through my area and we lost power for over 24 hours. Obviously I wasn't able to eat very healthy and my options were very limited. I was discouraged but I just started back on track with dinner tonight and got it all logged. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want :)
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I definitely think it will help! So what if today didn't go so well, tomorrow is a new day! Wish you the best of luck!
  • Koalaboo
    Koalaboo Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Don't worry, we all have tons of bad days. Just keep trying every day, and you will succeed.
  • lilsnowbird
    lilsnowbird Posts: 112
    Options
    welcome Sherri....I have been on this site for almost 2 wks and I love it.... I am sure you will too and the people on this site are so very supportive and encouraging it is so amazing......feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Crooks0204
    Crooks0204 Posts: 189
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. We all have "bad" days but we have to stay focused on our goals! Good luck with your goals!
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sherri! This site is fantastic and so are the people on it! Track everything and use the community-they are all so helpful! Good luck and feel free to add me if you would like: encouragement, motivation, support or to hear stupid jokes now and then!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'd say it gets easier...well, at least the logging and tracking get easier, and the longer you practice healthy habits, the better ingrained they become. :)
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    What I do when I go over is I try to compensate on the exercise on the next few days, it has worked well for me so far I must say.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sherri!!
  • kunkon_11
    kunkon_11 Posts: 2
    Options
    hi there!
    the same thing happened to me! my first day went so bad that i felt ashamed to write in my food journal.
    but today is a new day and we can choose to do better :)
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    No worries: bad days happen to all of us.... what helps me is to track my food anyway even if bad. Then later when I am considering eating something I shouldn't I look back on that day and the calories I consumed. A little extra exercise and the scale wont even notice....

Feel free to add me!!