Hoopnotica (sexy hula hooping)

Options
Holy crap I highly recommend this! I am having SO MUCH FUN!!! I could never hula hoop as a kid, not even a little bit. But this is an adult sized, weighted hoop. It's totally different. With about 10 minutes of practice I was able to hoop for minutes at a time. It's a great thing to add to your normal workout. :) (Oh and guys love it because you're lookin' hot while doing it! hehe)

Replies

• LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    This might be an interesting new workout to try! Thanks for the info!
  • Astacia74
    Astacia74 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Do you have any "tested" numbers associated with hula-hooping? (How many calories burned, etc...) I am an avid hooper and the only equivalent I can find on MFP is the Wii Fit hula hoop challenge :(
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    I love hoopnotica hooping! :)
  • tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    Options
    Do you have any "tested" numbers associated with hula-hooping? (How many calories burned, etc...) I am an avid hooper and the only equivalent I can find on MFP is the Wii Fit hula hoop challenge :(
    I used a HRM and just checked what the Wii Fit thing would say...it was no where close! I burned 300 calories in 40 minutes, the Wii thing on here says 120!
  • vibrant80
    vibrant80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I LOVE hooping for fitness (and fun, of course)!
  • kikislove2
    kikislove2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    there is a lady in my area that actually makes them, and i've been thinking about purchasing one from her..she has 3lbs and 5lbs ones. plus, she makes them big enough for big ladies like myself. i think it's worth the investment. glad to see that others have tried it and enjoy it. it motivates me to hop on board.
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    It's really the best workout!! I'm glad to see other hoopers on MFP!!! Try hooping sites like hoopnotica.com, hooping.org and hoopcity.ca. Oh, and etsy.com has delicious hoops.
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    My bf makes the weighted hoops, but sadly enough, I can't seem to keep it going! I could do it as a kid, but not now. I will just have to keep practicing, bc everyone I know who does it loves it--and yeah, it is sexy, too!:bigsmile:
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My bf makes the weighted hoops, but sadly enough, I can't seem to keep it going! I could do it as a kid, but not now. I will just have to keep practicing, bc everyone I know who does it loves it--and yeah, it is sexy, too!:bigsmile:
    Remember: side to side, front to front, not in a circle. Also try to use the points of your front hip left, back hip right, or vise versa.
  • atlraine
    atlraine Posts: 172 Member
    Options

I read an article in Shape Magazine that hula hooping is equivallent to walking at a pace of 3.0. I hula hoop as well, at work, when I don't have time to do a cardio workout and that is how I log it.
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Remember: side to side, front to front, not in a circle. Also try to use the points of your front hip left, back hip right, or vise versa.

Thanks, I will keep these pointers in mind!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I've never heard the term hoopnotica, but I LOVE hula hooping! Great workout and fun too! I love putting music on and just zoning out, hooping for awhile, or doing it in front of the TV instead of just sitting on the couch.
  • richthediabetic
    Options
    The American Council on Exercise did a whole study on hooping! Here's the study document: https://www.acefitness.org/certifiednews/images/article/pdfs/HulaHoopStudy.pdf
  • MrsFelton2010
    MrsFelton2010 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Sounds vey interesting