Low carb recipe ideas! Please add and share :)

Options
margieward82
margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
I just shared these ideas on a friend's page and thought I'd share with everyone! Hope these help you and look foward to hearing more of your great ideas! :)

Here are a few ideas you might want to try, hopefully some appeal to you and fit your needs:

Parmesan cheese crisps- use instead of crackers, only ingredient is parmesan cheese. Scoop out a serving size in a little circle on a cookie sheet. Bake them up on a high heat for about 10 mins, let cool and enjoy!

Meatloaf- this is my go to! Meat, an egg and parmesan (or similar cheese instead of breadcrumbs) even if you don't like cheese, it doesn't taste like cheese

Creamy Broccoli soup- I love this! You can make it with more ingredients and add heavy cream and/or shredded cheese to it. But all I do is take the bagged frozen broccoli pieces (the florets do not work well!) steam them, then puree the broccoli with about a cup of the steaming liquid, more or less depending on the thickness you like. The only seasoning i use is a little salt and plenty of black pepper.

Califlor mash- great sub when you've got to have mashed potatoes! Steam a head of fresh califlour then puree it with a little salt and pepper. It will be rather wet, so I throw mine in a sieve and push out the excess water, then put in a sautee pan w/ a little butter... Yum!

Spinach "lasagna" bake- this is a noodless lasagna. I use cottage cheese, and egg and Italian herbs to make the filling. Cottage cheese is lower in carbs than the traditional ricotta and can give you the same consitancey by throwing it in the food processor for a min. Layer frozen (thawed) spinach, cheese and egg mixture, and cooked ground beef (or Italian sausage if you can find a carb free one), over and over in a small glass baking dish. I use the tiniest touch of tomato sauce in each layer.

Roasted turkey legs- inexpensive around here, but easy to cook and eat. If you can do diet sprite, I'll find my sweet and spicy recipe. Otherwise just season them up with some salt, pepper, garlic and roast in the oven.
Stuffed bell peppers- season ground beef, i like to use a touch of dill and s&p. Mix the seasoned raw meat with and egg (to bind it) and fill a hollowed bell pepper (cut horizontally so it makes a bowl) and bake at 350 until the meat is done, about 45 mins. I think green peppers have the least carbs.

Replies

• yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BonLou76
    BonLou76 Posts: 36
    Options
    These sound great thanks!
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • traceyann1214
    traceyann1214 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • haslam666
    haslam666 Posts: 3
    Options
    Turkey bolognase "spaghetti"
    I use ground turkey and grate in onion and garlic, brown it in a pan, or roll them into meatballs. I occasionly add green bell pepper to change it up a bit.
    For the sauce I use Contadina brand tomato paste and tomato sauce (it's sugar free). Sometimes I use crushed canned tomatoes if I can find the canned without sugar.
    For the "spaghetti" I grate zuchinni lengthwise and sautee in a pan with some olive oil, grated garlic, and pepper.

THis is a great low-carb and gluten-free recipe.
    For those of you like myself eating a candida cleansing diet, just make sure the canned tomato products do not contain citric acid, vinegar, or dehydrated onion.
  • kassandra1717
    kassandra1717 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Great recipes. I'm just replying to it so I can have this post in my topics for later. :)
  • violetfire80
    Options
    bump for later